Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Post flop play posts?

problem is simple...most low stakes online tournies are so shallow that they don't allow for much fancy post flop play
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 PM

...and if they did, yeah...those guys REALLY
pay attention to stuff like that in the micros!

-ZEN
Old 11-01-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
anyway, I will check out those forums, and I think this shows that the mtt forum needs to post more about post-flop play maybe(because you said the cash forum is better for that)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the MTT forum need more posts about post-flop play if they are already readily available in uNL?

Is it impossible for some browsers to click into the other forum?

Now that I think of it, the MTT forum really needs more Stud, Omaha 8 or better, and Heads-up play strategy as well.

Sherman
Old 11-01-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyway, I will check out those forums, and I think this shows that the mtt forum needs to post more about post-flop play maybe(because you said the cash forum is better for that)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would the MTT forum need more posts about post-flop play if they are already readily available in uNL?

Now that I think of it, the MTT forum really needs more Stud, Omaha 8 or better, and Heads-up play strategy as well.

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

are you like a troll or something? do you not realize that tournament play may in fact be very different from cash play?
Old 11-01-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman

[/ QUOTE ]

are you like a troll or something? do you not realize that tournament play may in fact be very different from cash play?

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG! Never crossed my mine. Yeah, I am troll with 3K+ posts who spends most of his time giving away free information to help people make money (insert eye-roll here).
Old 11-01-2007, 05:35 PM

the reason I jokingly said that is you make posts that are completely without justification, like alluding that cash play and tournament play are the same. Guess what! They aren't.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:40 PM

Yeah, you got me. I usually spend my time ranting and raving illogically. I almost never consider alternative explanations. And I never ever justify my advice.

[ QUOTE ]
like alluding that cash play and tournament play are the same. Guess what! They aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously a brilliant cash and tournament player. I concede. Cash games and tournaments are not the same. If you learn one you will be horrendous in the other, so I'd just try to learn one.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you got me. I usually spend my time ranting and raving illogically. I almost never consider alternative explanations. And I never ever justify my advice.

[ QUOTE ]
like alluding that cash play and tournament play are the same. Guess what! They aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously a brilliant cash and tournament player. I concede. Cash games and tournaments are not the same. If you learn one you will be horrendous in the other, so I'd just try to learn one.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok man, please stop misconstruing what I am saying. You know what I mean, I'm not going to bring up the examples.

As far as you insulting me... yeah I'm a great cash game player and yeah I'm a great tourney player... oh wait! I am posting on a forum that I feel rusty, etc, and am asking for help! It doesn't take a smart person to see that cash game play and tournament play can be very different.

what started as you being an [censored] under the guise of giving advice has evolved to you trolling the thread I was asking for advice in.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Ben,

I gave you the best advice I can give. You basically told us that wasn't what you were looking for. Sorry if we don't know what the [censored] you are looking for. But the advice was given. It is good advice.

The fact is, post-flop play is less relevant in tournaments. Anything you could want to know about post-flop play has already been addressed in the NL cash forums.

The best advice anyone can give you for post flop play is Range, Equity, Maximize.

Post-flop play in tournaments is really only different from cash games in that in tournaments the $ is more often in on the flop. But it doesn't really matter. The ideas discussing post-flop play elsewhere are very applicable to tournaments.

If I really wanted to nit-pick and point out one difference it is this: you don't have to make as big of bets post flop in tournaments as you do in cash games to obtain the same amount of FE. Because in tournament the stacks are often shorter than in cash games. That means implied odds are reduced and 1/2-2/3 pot bets become more equivalent to 2/3-full pot bets in cash games.

Sherman
Old 11-01-2007, 06:08 PM

ok, thanks sherman, this cleared up some questions