Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Micro Pro in Problems

tl;dr
Old 10-31-2007, 08:52 PM

Try doing everything like I do, LDO: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=3&fpart=1
Old 10-31-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I posted on the micro stakes i just thought it was like a beat...actually i cash out like 1k-2k a month...so thats how im a pro lol

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

How about educating yourself and getting a part time job while playing NL25 and dont do any cashouts for a few months so youre able to move up? Theres no such thing as micro stakes pro, really. You have no potential to get rich playing poker at least at these stakes. Almost any possible job is easier and better than poker if $1-$2k per month is enough.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I posted on the micro stakes i just thought it was like a beat...actually i cash out like 1k-2k a month...so thats how im a pro lol

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

How about educating yourself and getting a part time job while playing NL25 and dont do any cashouts for a few months so youre able to move up? Theres no such thing as micro stakes pro, really. You have no potential to get rich playing poker at least at these stakes. Almost any possible job is easier and better than poker if $1-$2k per month is enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you get a stupid part time job paying $8-$10/hr if you make $40/hr playing 50nl? plus what job is easier than poker?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:15 PM

Umm maybe he's in highschool/college and playing poker is better than being a bus boy, waiter, lawn boy etc etc. I would much rather grind 50nl for 4-6 hours a day than do some of the crappy jobs I had in high school.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you get a stupid part time job paying $8-$10/hr if you make $40/hr playing 50nl? plus what job is easier than poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

-$200/day is not $40/hr and since when has it been easy to make constant $40/hr in NL50? Even 8-tabling you have to keep doing constant 10bb/100.

OP doesnt seem to be doing a good job in poker at this point and if his living is highly dependant on poker there will be a dead end sooner or later. Imo constant $10/h is better than huge swings and $1k or $2k max monthly at NL25 or NL50. If he has to make cashouts to buy food and pay the rent he will never get to higher than micro stakes so thats why I said it would be better to take a part time job for like two months and do no withdrawals and move to NL100 or NL200. There you can make decent money multitabling if you beat the level.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop talking, cuz u don't know what u are talking about.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thnx anyways

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

stop talking, cuz u don't know what u are talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think its better to follow american dream and try getting as rich as Patrik Antonius grinding microstakes without a proper plan b? OP is questioning his abilities as a poker player and is having hard time beating micro stakes right now and so far hes lost $400 in two days. I didnt think its even possible at these stakes.

Im not saying he should get a job at mac donalds or kfc, I'm saying that some constant money source would be good to have to help yourself at these situations when you get sudden stepbacks on poker. Getting rich or making constant $2k per month is hard and even mentally dangerous at microstakes.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:41 PM

And heres my points with cliff notes:

- to be a pro you need to have a bankroll with enough buyins (100 x buyin as a pro imo is the least) to survive bad weeks and months in poker without it affecting the quality of your living or play
- to make a deep bankroll you have to win more than you cashout and it's close to impossible if you need to make $1k per month for living costs and youre playing NL25
- by getting a part time job for few months you could build your bankroll by paying your living costs with your normal paycheck
- after you would have a giant bankroll you could start playing more professionally without bad streaks affecting your life or quality of play anyhow and you could move up to like NL200 and make more money than you spend every month
- after this you could quit your job
Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 AM

don't listen to him, to be a pro u need 50BB.