Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: 1st level of $50 buy-in, what\'d we do 2+2?

barry picking up tells via forum? inspiring...
Old 10-30-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: 1st level of $50 buy-in, what\'d we do 2+2?

Once I read it again, in all seriousness, it's a call. I'm telling you, slam dunk call. His min raise, then bet of 1100, it's a live tourney probably in some stupid club where everyone thinks they need to make "big moves" with crap and defend their blinds with tremendous vigor. It's a $50 tourney, which is the same as saying that you're playing a $1 on Stars. except live, which means worse.

I think you need to call this. Really, it's the douchey smile - I know what that means because I see it all the time when I play live.

Hero raises with JJ UTG, four callers, flop: Q 3 4. It's like my fifth hand during my 1st hour in AC and I'm clueless, I haven't played live for ages at that point. Got like 20 hours in, though, so I picked up on a few tells. The douchey smile is one of them - slam dunk [censored] move.

Anyway, in that hand, I check UTG, button bets the pot, leaving me with like $60 behind if I call. Folds, gets back to SB who calls. SAME DOUCHEY LOOKING SMILE appears on button's face when he shows 77, which OF COURSE, beats 66 on the river for like a $180 pot.

Then, the douchey smile "REAPPPEARED" and he gave me his analysis: "I knew that if I bet this amount that you'd fold because you'd feel like you were committed." OH, HO HO HO, well, [censored] your mother, you bet into a 5 way with a Q on the board in a loose as your mother's [censored] game when ANYONE would call you with ANY Q, 88, 99, except for me because AC was a totally new concept to me +, unlike every other degen at the table, I was underolled and nitty at the time. Douchey smile is like the same as him giving you his ATM password.

That's the douchey smile of a 30 year old hanging on for [censored] life in this cruel disappointing world by making really big PSBs into any "opportunity" he can find. That may very well be me in a couple of years [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. And, I sympathize with him, but he's trying to [censored] with the wrong game and at the wrong time. You need to call him. And then Bismark him.

Barry