Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 06:37 PM

Default Re: out of position: outplayed by gamblers

[ QUOTE ]
Read, study, ponder and get better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. Thatīs why I donīt want to leave the table. I know that those people telling me to look for softer competition are giving very sound practical advice.

There must, however, be a way to beat someone who doesnīt have a "fold" button. Iīm working on it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Thanks for all comments!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:46 PM

This is a very important time for you as a poker player, you are understanding why loose-aggresive play is frustrating and difficult and confusing to play against as a conservative player.

This isn't to say you should go lolnuts 37/29 infinite agg style but how many times say have you 3bet people preflop with Aces and they fold, darn, they always do that when I have Aces. Guess what? You can do that without Aces, and they will STILL fold pre. Working aggressive concepts into your game is neccessary to move up and move on instead of becoming a robotic setminer.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guess what? You can do that without Aces, and they will STILL fold pre. Working aggressive concepts into your game is neccessary to move up and move on instead of becoming a robotic setminer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what? Iīm really terrorising people who are as easily scared as I am [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I just hate it when they are doing it against me.

In theory, I know that against a real gambler I must accept high variance to play well. Working on it!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:35 PM

If your talking about the 60/35/10 type who seem to play mostly on Saturday nights, well if they are there to gamble then give them what they want.

These guys love to roll the dice, they may as well be at the slots for all they care, but "hey I'll give this poker a go tonight"
They love the adreline rush of the all in so give it to them!!
TT+ AQ+ ?? Get it in and watch them call with 9Ts, sure your gonna ride some variance when they have a hand or suck out but these guys are spraying chips and wont be around for long.

A different breed is a thinking TAG (or LAG) who knows that your stealing a fair percentage of the time.
Thats a whole different customer, just dont confuse the two.