Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Some bluffs!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why the flop call in hand 1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, we have third pair a coordinated flop. Villain is laggy so I doubt he is just gonna c/f the turn...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 AM

hand one meh, i like hand two
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 AM

don't like hand one,

hand 2 is not bad as long as u don't make it a habbit.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like hand 2 much better than hand 1. hand one will only work if hes not very good, otherwise he will call w Ax pretty often.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, people always say this kind of thing around here and i think it's often pretty results oriented (in this case the results being that we know we're bluffing). if someone posted the same hand from villain's perspective and we had A9, the majority would be like "easy fold you only beat air"
Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 AM

i love hand 1, f the haters.

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

hand 2 is pretty abysmal, i find myself getting cr'd every time in that spot on the turn. unless he is a total tagfish retard you are getting called and you are way behind obv, and he can always c/r with a draw here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree completely with regards to the second hand, especially the part bolded. Why is he terrible if he folds? I don't see why my line would be viewed as weak or bluffy, it's very consistent with various made hands I would play exactly the same. I also don't think anybody sane checkraises the turn with a draw, considering I have only $140 or so behind.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree completely with regards to the second hand, especially the part bolded. Why is he terrible if he folds? I don't see why my line would be viewed as weak or bluffy, it's very consistent with various made hands I would play exactly the same. I also don't think anybody sane checkraises the turn with a draw, considering I have only $140 or so behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

before i reply to the above, hand 1 is awesome - those who think otherwise don't have enough variation in their games or don't play against people who vary their games.

now: i already know the results since you are so vehemently defending this play, but it is a [censored] terrible play to donk out on the flop, call a raise, and c/f turn. so much of your range are bluffs in that spot - you're not floating with hands that can't stand any heat, you are raising with them. furthermore, if he has a weakish hand, wouldn't he at least want to call your c-bet or c/r it, rather than donking out into the flop and making NOTHING on the occasions you just give up?

so as i said, unless he is a terrible tagfish who can't think ahead, you should be c/r'd ai a fair amount here super wide, and yes, some of that will include draws.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

now: i already know the results since you are so vehemently defending this play, but it is a [censored] terrible play to donk out on the flop, call a raise, and c/f turn. so much of your range are bluffs in that spot - you're not floating with hands that can't stand any heat, you are raising with them. furthermore, if he has a weakish hand, wouldn't he at least want to call your c-bet or c/r it, rather than donking out into the flop and making NOTHING on the occasions you just give up?

so as i said, unless he is a terrible tagfish who can't think ahead, you should be c/r'd ai a fair amount here super wide, and yes, some of that will include draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what you're saying now, but not many players will bet/call this particular flop with anything but a marginalish hand, maaaaybe a draw but he probably wants to bet/3bet that? I mean, if he bet/calls this flop in general we can assume he probably isn't very good. I just don't think he will bet/call this flop with two pair or better, so unless he turned two pair his range is basically one pair and draws on the turn, and a strong turn bet should fold out that range often. That's how I feel anyways.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my thoughts