Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Tortured for 2 years Is it Worth 10 Million?

Wait a minute - CBC news? Come on. Blatantly anti-American source. Probably made the whole thing up.

And even if they didn't - 9/11 changed everything. It's a different world now. One of these days you guys will get your heads out of the sand and see that.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:34 PM

a lot to talk about here, but to just answer the title. no, i wouldn't be tortured for 2 years for 10 million dollars, but i don't think i'd be tortured for 2 years for any amount of money. 10 million is pretty much equivilant to being set for life, so outside of punishment and apologies for the people who did me harm, i wouldn't complain about the $$ amount.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a lot to talk about here, but to just answer the title. no, i wouldn't be tortured for 2 years for 10 million dollars, but i don't think i'd be tortured for 2 years for any amount of money. 10 million is pretty much equivilant to being set for life, so outside of punishment and apologies for the people who did me harm, i wouldn't complain about the $$ amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy got nothing.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched part of the hearing they had for this guy on C-span 2. The guy had to talk through video conference to accept what he thought was going to be an apology. Instead he was told "people make mistakes. No, you still can't come in our country. Sorry 'bout it." It was pathetic. What a terrible injustice.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/1...xtraordinaire/
yeah rorbasch said torture was "for the children" after asking the guy if he had children. said it was like friendly fire in a war zone and shtt happens.

personally I hope people like congressman rorbasch get kidnapped and tortrued.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the guy got nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

The U.S. hasn't given anything yet (hopefully they will come around and give him something), but the Canadians gave him 10 mil i think and some sort of formal apology.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The U.S. hasn't given anything yet (hopefully they will come around and give him something), but the Canadians gave him 10 mil i think and some sort of formal apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's cool personally I think the canadians should pay for 24 lifetime bodyguard service for the guy and his family, in addition to the 10 million.

I mean, how many nightmares does this guy have about being kidnapped again.

also the scum congressman in the video implied that the guy "wasn't completely innnocent" or someting, and so I guess he kinda deserved it.

we can only hope the congressman dies or sometibng.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:01 PM

I think the guy should be set for life. I know that is vague, but whatever it costs for him and his family to live out the rest of their days peacefully should be enough.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some people need to die for what happened to this man
we need a general attitude:
if you are responsible for an innocent man being tortured for an extended period of time, guess what? YOU DON'T GET TO LIVE ANYMORE. WE DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE PLANET WITH YOU ANYMORE. YOU DIE. BOTTOM LINE. END OF STORY. PERIOD. DIE DIE DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say I'm surprised that you support the death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I support the death penalty. I said these torturers and the politicians behind them should be murdered. There is a difference.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some people need to die for what happened to this man
we need a general attitude:
if you are responsible for an innocent man being tortured for an extended period of time, guess what? YOU DON'T GET TO LIVE ANYMORE. WE DON'T WANT TO SHARE THE PLANET WITH YOU ANYMORE. YOU DIE. BOTTOM LINE. END OF STORY. PERIOD. DIE DIE DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to say I'm surprised that you support the death penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say I support the death penalty. I said these torturers and the politicians behind them should be murdered. There is a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you support murder?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 PM

Snowball,

If you decide to whack al-Assad maybe we can take up a collection to pay for your airfare.