Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: AQ 3-bet pot deep

4bet preflop against a light 3better when you are this deep.

If you guys had stacks closer to 100BB than i'd call and shove a lot of flops or 4bet shove pre. Being deep you can't really call this preflop though.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a diamond comes off on the turn and he fires again then do you fold? How about if it goes blank on turn and blank and river and he fires both of those also?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on bet sizing and bet timing etc. Against person who only info I have is that he is aggressive, I am likely to call down most bets.
Again I think you way too concearned with the diamond draw, just because it's there doesn't mean he has it
Old 10-24-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again I think you way too concearned with the diamond draw, just because it's there doesn't mean he has it

[/ QUOTE ]
i concur - the draw is a small part of his range imo
Old 10-24-2007, 01:35 PM

As far as the pf call, I dont think its bad at all. If I was oop it would be a different story but I am in position.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the pf call, I dont think its bad at all. If I was oop it would be a different story but I am in position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it is bad but I think 4 betting is better for a few reasons. For 1 your 4 betting range should be wider then normal now that you know he 3 bets light, by 4 betting your forcing him to adjust which means he will likely cut it down as he knows he can't run all over you. Of course he could start 5 betting light but most people don't do it at 25nl.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:42 PM

Most people dont 4 bet light either so I mean if he 5 bets my hand hits the muck soooo quick. Thats not the concern though. I think that if I 4 bet pf then I am negating the advantage I have over him, which is the button.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most people dont 4 bet light either so I mean if he 5 bets my hand hits the muck soooo quick. Thats not the concern though. I think that if I 4 bet pf then I am negating the advantage I have over him, which is the button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you start to 4 bet him and he continually 5 bets you then you insta shove AQ with a fistpump.
The other advantage you have is the fact you have AQ, you crush his 3 bet range and assuming he is a donk you will likely force him to make a mistake such as calling oop or shoving when he is miles behind
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 PM

You were the dude that 4 bet AT, right against a light 3 OOP but wont 4 bet AQ IP against a light 3 better. Here is a much better spot to 4 bet. It will probably win hte pot outright and will let him know you arent always FOS.

Also too, I understand you are ahead of his range, but you are entering reverse implied odds territory, where you will probably win the least ahead and lose the most behind. Not saying you are there yet but we are approaching that.

All that said, given your read do you think hes going to war with a lesser hand here? His raise size seems too small to be a bluff IMO, and I think you are giving too much level thinking if you think that he thinks you have air or will fold.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:29 PM

Yea I was the dude that 4 bet AT, but times have changed...one or two days later. I just feel like I learned alot from then so that wouldnt happen again anyways thanks to you guys. Yea I probably do out think myself sometimes. I just figure someone who 3 bets light and seems pretty decent can do a couple levels of thought.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:31 PM

Pro,

On top of that:
a. where do you find these ppl at 25nl
b. why are you giving them position on you