Old 10-23-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: $1/2: Trips facing river shove vs. 2p2er

i folded
Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 AM

fold against blunty
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 AM

No hand that beats you is consistent with a 2+2ers play on the flop and turn. I only consider folding if it's against a donk.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:52 AM

Yuck. I think that you could have folded pf in MP2.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yuck. I think that you could have folded pf in MP2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, I COULD have but then I wouldn't have this interesting hand to post.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No hand that beats you is consistent with a 2+2ers play on the flop and turn. I only consider folding if it's against a donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously you haven't played with blunty ever
Old 10-24-2007, 02:47 AM

I guess 8c9c makes a tiny bit of sense. But can't think of anything else. But no, I have never played against blunty.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:00 PM

Default RESULTS AND ANALYSIS

Results: I folded because I was multitabling and had no read or history with Villain and I assumed that people at $1/2 with 16/7 stats at full ring bluff shove the river so infrequently that calling was a mistake.

However, once I learned that blunty31 was a regular and a 2p2 poster this becomes a turbo-call. In fact, after reviewing the hand it should probably be a turbo-call against an unknown too.

As Effen and slik noted (and CDL as well, but without quite the same reasoning), no hand that beats me really makes sense given the action, but busted draws do make sense.

On the flop a competent player should NEVER be checking behind with an overpair, a set, straight, two pair, or probably even top pair. Flush draws, gutshots, and 88/99 are good canditates for checking behind.

When he overcalls the turn it should eliminate 88/99 and most gutshots from his range. Also, a seven should be raising on this draw-heavy board. If he foolishly slowplayed a set on the flop, then he should be raising the turn anyway. Regardless, you can pretty safely say he doesn't have a big made hand here, as they should all be raising the turn.

On the river, nothing changes -- the only worse made hand he could be value betting is KT (dubious). However, BB checked and I threw out a weak 1/2 pot bet, he can't figure me to have a 7 very often, he has a pot-sized raise left, so conditions seem perfect for bluff-shoving here.

Therefore, I'm confident I should call this river. If blunty31 wants he can chime in here for his take on it.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: RESULTS AND ANALYSIS

[ QUOTE ]
Results: I folded because I was multitabling and had no read or history with Villain and I assumed that people at $1/2 with 16/7 stats at full ring bluff shove the river so infrequently that calling was a mistake.

However, once I learned that blunty31 was a regular and a 2p2 poster this becomes a turbo-call. In fact, after reviewing the hand it should probably be a turbo-call against an unknown too.

As Effen and slik noted (and CDL as well, but without quite the same reasoning), no hand that beats me really makes sense given the action, but busted draws do make sense.

On the flop a competent player should NEVER be checking behind with an overpair, a set, straight, two pair, or probably even top pair. Flush draws, gutshots, and 88/99 are good canditates for checking behind.

When he overcalls the turn it should eliminate 88/99 and most gutshots from his range. Also, a seven should be raising on this draw-heavy board. If he foolishly slowplayed a set on the flop, then he should be raising the turn anyway. Regardless, you can pretty safely say he doesn't have a big made hand here, as they should all be raising the turn.

On the river, nothing changes -- the only worse made hand he could be value betting is KT (dubious). However, BB checked and I threw out a weak 1/2 pot bet, he can't figure me to have a 7 very often, he has a pot-sized raise left, so conditions seem perfect for bluff-shoving here.

Therefore, I'm confident I should call this river. If blunty31 wants he can chime in here for his take on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all well and good, but if a 1/2 reg is bluff shoving a "protected" pot, that isn't HU on the river, then well...it's time for him to move up =).

just seems shoving into 2 players after little action on turn and river is a really crazy move, and unless he has strong reads that you can fold OP or better, it's not the best play.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Re: RESULTS AND ANALYSIS

I would have raised more preflop, $8 unless all your raises are $6. And I would have bet flop.