Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: 10nl-QQ w/ AKx on board- critque my play plz

[ QUOTE ]
I think the above analysis is spot on.

I think maybe you did out think yourself here a bit =). I would really suggest taking people's bets at face value, unless you've got evidence (not a feeling) that something else is true.

The cliche "Go with your gut instinct" I think would apply to live play to a greater extent than online play. For example you might be subconciously picking up on somebodies nervous ticks or whatever live. Online the only solid information you have is the betting pattern/bet sizes, so i think you have to be very analytical.

The thing that's most revealing about this hand is your opening paragraph and the word "frustrated". I read that as "I'm tilting because I keep getting forced to fold". That leads me to the conclusion you really wanted to find a spot to get AI.

I think tilt can creep up on you without you realising it, so you've got to be aware of the signs and have to will to stop playing for a bit, which for me is the hardest thing when i'm on tilt.

I'd suggest making tea. For me the ritual of brewing tea and taking a few minuites to sit down and drink is very relaxing and the amines in the tea pep you up a bit. FWIW tea is far better for this than coffee, in my opinion.

I think from the issues you brought up in your post that you do know the best way to play this hand, I'd try and stick to that. Any gaps I think you could fill in from the superb advice from CaptVimes and others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a British response. I love it! It probably works better than what I do. Brew some coffee and hit the punching bag for a half hour. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 02:56 PM

Fold to flop resistance. At 10NL they're not very likely to be betting without an ace or better on that board.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the above analysis is spot on.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...nice job, Vimes!

[ QUOTE ]
I think tilt can creep up on you without you realising it, so you've got to be aware of the signs and have to will to stop playing for a bit, which for me is the hardest thing when i'm on tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[ QUOTE ]
...taking a few minuites to sit down and drink is very relaxing and the amines in the tea pep you up a bit. FWIW tea is far better for this than coffee, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT