Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:27 PM

Default Re: NL10 TPTK oop vs. crowd, line check

didn't read responses yet

I thought your pf raise was massive... this isn't really a big deal, but I was extremely surprised to see 14bb raise w/ 2 callers pf w/o AA/KK in your hand
However it does exclude a lot of hands, like 66 and JJ
I'm putting him on KJ which has you beat

fold after villains 3bet

as always, my posts are learning experiences
Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM

pot the flop please
Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pot the flop please

[/ QUOTE ]

Post reasoning please.
Old 10-23-2007, 03:45 PM

Preflop raise is goot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This flop is pretty damn dry, and you have TPTK plus the initiative having raised preflop. I actually think this tells you more than checkraising because if MP1 raises your cbet with two people left to act, he's acting pretty strong and you can consider getting out. If MP2 raises, it's still pretty strong and you can decide whether or not you want to take TPTK to the felt.

As played, you're really hoping for a chop or KQ, but KJ and 66 are more likely, IMO. Aside from that, I quote effen.

[ QUOTE ]

Generally speaking, getting a 60 bb villain AI with TPTK is infrequently wrong.

That said, flop bet/min3bets are very rarely worse than TPTK. I'd generally dump to that line.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop raise is goot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] This flop is pretty damn dry, and you have TPTK plus the initiative having raised preflop. I actually think this tells you more than checkraising because if MP1 raises your cbet with two people left to act, he's acting pretty strong and you can consider getting out. If MP2 raises, it's still pretty strong and you can decide whether or not you want to take TPTK to the felt.

As played, you're really hoping for a chop or KQ, but KJ and 66 are more likely, IMO. Aside from that, I quote effen.

[ QUOTE ]

Generally speaking, getting a 60 bb villain AI with TPTK is infrequently wrong.

That said, flop bet/min3bets are very rarely worse than TPTK. I'd generally dump to that line.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, you should be deciding this before you bet. That is the whole reason I am being cryptic.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:01 PM

...snip...
I dont agree with the arguement that when you've got 1/2 your effective stack in the pot that you're commited.
...snip...

With TPTK, you don't have to be right as often as you're wrong to profit here. You need to be right 1 time in 3 to break even. Once you estimate that people bluff, your hand has to be good on it's own merits 1 time in 4 or less. You have to have a pretty good idea you're behind once you have 1/2 the effective stacks in. That's why it is so important to make good decisions before 1/2 the stacks go in.

With TPTK and 60BB, you should be working to get all in on the flop. In this case, I would bet the pot on the flop and just move in if raised against the player with 60BB.

Quite simply, with loose opponents getting all-in for 60BB with TPTK is going to be profitable. Don't over think it, just get there. Sometimes you lose, but more often you win. Once KQ, KT and some draws will get all in with you, there is no good reason not to accommodate them.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you committed on this flop? I imagine this changes depending on the players. Was your check with the intention of raising? I don't think you need to c/r to "find out where you are at".

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, you should be deciding this before you bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

threads, this time I actualy DID have a plan, even though it might not have been the best!

Yes, I had the intention of raising. This was done because:
-> I wanted to get a bet should no-one else have a real hand, as the table was loose and hands didnīt normaly get checked to the turn when it was multiway
-> I was under the impression that the big stack (MP2) doesnīt preflop cold-call w/ KT and doesnīt postflop call 3 meaningful bets w/ KQ here, which might lead to a difficult turn decision if he flat-calls a c-bet. (MP1s min-raise to my c/r coming from MP2, and Iīm folding.)
-> and yes, I did want to commit against MP1, because I thought my hand is strong enough to bet (obviously) and against an unknown with a small stack I canīt lay down if he raises me (SPR). Iīm not sure now if that was a good plan, but at least I was thinking about it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]