Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Rebuy tournaments

[ QUOTE ]
Every hand was all-in preflop, which felt a lot more like roulette than poker to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Roulette is not beatable. Poker is beatable. That sounds a lot more like poker than roulette to me.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 AM

Can someone explain to me the ideal strategy with regards to rebuying and adding-on in unlimited tourneys? I mean, is there a point where it is not worth rebuying, i.e. 10 minutes left in the rebuy period and you have 0$? Do some rebuy more than 6 or 7 times?
Perhaps there is a thread on this already but I just feel lost in rebuy tourneys.
thanks.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone explain to me the ideal strategy with regards to rebuying and adding-on in unlimited tourneys? I mean, is there a point where it is not worth rebuying, i.e. 10 minutes left in the rebuy period and you have 0$? Do some rebuy more than 6 or 7 times?
Perhaps there is a thread on this already but I just feel lost in rebuy tourneys.
thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on you. Some rebuy crazily with no limits to their spending in the pursuit of a big stack. They do this because they are skilled with a big stack and will go deep enough, regularly enough to make this a long-term winning strategy.

Some aren't so skilled and hope to strike big with a good run on a low rebuy budget. Never spend big if you don't win big.

I usually like 3xDouble buy-ins + add-on ($21 in $3r) - this way I make profit each time I cash.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I've just been unlucky lately, but I have been at some nitty tables a lot lately in these tourneys.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are definitely nit tables in the first hour of these. I don't get to play the $3 rebuy as often as i'd like, but i do usually play it 4 times a week(friday/saturday evenings and Saturday/Sunday afternoons). I'd say its about 60/40 at this point that I end up at a crazy all in table, but I am often ending up at tables that play like a non rebuy tourney.

My question there is do you open up and make a few massive all-in bets over a couple limpers to try to loosen up the table?