Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: I just got 500 bucks from absolute poker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
does it take time to clear i guess im asking. I hate going into a bank with a check from a poker site since everyone knows me in my little city of 500 people

[/ QUOTE ]
ATM FTW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously... wtf is the problem. Stick it in a bank machine and wait for it to clear. No big deal, it's a cheque ffs.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does it take time to clear i guess im asking. I hate going into a bank with a check from a poker site since everyone knows me in my little city of 500 people

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't say "ZOMG POKER SITE!" on the check

They'll have no idea it's a poker check. If they ask, and you don't want them to know the truth, just say you sold some stuff on ebay or something like that.

The waiting period usually depends more on your average daily balance vs. check amount....from the sounds of things, might take a little bit to clear. (ask them, say hey, how long will this take to clear)
Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
those checks don't say they're from a poker site

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. I just got one from the Absolute Clowns. It's drawn from a well respected bank (that I already do business with) and it doesn't reference poker, the internet or anything similar. Never had any trouble with them before and I don't expect to this time either.

Jeff
Old 10-23-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My bank used to cash these no problem, but since it's a non-US bank, they now go get the funds first. Several other people have reported this too. My bank warned me so I didn't try to withdraw or count on those funds, but other people felt a little screwed. At least two weeks, maybe more. Another reason not to play there.

On a side note, I think it might be because of all the fraud comitted with counterfeit and otherwise bad checks from other countries lately, and not a gambling online issue. Saw something about it on some news show.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 PM

you can stick a check inside a atm machine??? huh and red what do you mean go get the funds.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you can stick a check inside a atm machine???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can stick a cheque inside an atm machine using a deposit envelope. Though I've heard rarely that some banks don't allow deposits using the ATM.

[ QUOTE ]
huh and red what do you mean go get the funds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means the bank won't let him have access to the cheque funds until it actually clears (his bank getting the funds from the other bank).
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 PM

He likely means you cannot just cash the check- but have to deposit it and wait for funds to clear.

Which is somewhat routine anyhow.

I've cashed checks from worse/smaller sites- Golden Palace etc, and with likely far lesser known banks they are being drawn on, and I've never had a problem.

Sure there is some chance it wouldn't cash thru, but I wouldn't put money on it.