Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: 20 +2: blind battle:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You will have a better chance to get chips from this villian at a later time, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guh. I used to think along those lines. Anyway:

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I don't push just because I was min raised. Maybe the guy already had a read on you and found a way to get your chips in.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:16 PM

kqd is exactly the type hand u semibluff except he doesn't realize he may have worst hand AND worst draw. these guys only think what they have not what you might have and they love to chase the draw. i would put u on ace diamonds x if i were him or a 10.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM

I usually re-raise with k-j and considering your stack size , I would have shoved . We've had similar posts like this in the heads up forum and many players prefer to re-raise with this hand even ip . With that being said , a re-raise pretty much makes you committed .

On the flop , you should bet because you have 2 overs and a backdoor flush possibility . If you make a two-thirds size bet otf and it's successful at least 40% of the time , then you've gained EV. Not to mention , even if you get called , you have at most 6 outs .
Old 10-23-2007, 11:06 AM

Fair enough, thanks for the additional input. In retrospect, I overthought the hand on the flop and should have put in a bet. If he takes me off the hand, so be it, but his check looks like a pure whiff given this board. I'm not sure if PF is a shove, fwiw, I think at 30/60 against an unknown minraise PF, this could be a strong hand hoping to get it in (or at least villain's perception of a strong hand). Still have plenty to play position here, pot is only going to be 20% of my stack.

I'd be by far more inclined to push with mid pairs+; A10 here than KJ.

Barry
Old 10-23-2007, 11:41 AM

At the turn my thoughts were Push or Fold too - I chose fold. Simply not worth it. I know its weak but I don't need to do that yet. Ok see a flop but get them all in?

I know he doesn't seem too strong but I don't like the push.