Default Re: guess this spot would make nicole richie happy

[ QUOTE ]
instant FOLD.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:23 PM

I don't know that I agree with the fact that we crush his raising range here. I

MO, this type of player loves to see flops and try to make big disguised hands that win big pots. The fact that he has such a low PFR number (relatively) implies that he's not particularly agressive pre, and would likely not be overly agressive post.

I think we need to give more credit to his dessire to get a lot of money in the pot here. Is he trying to get it all in with his queen-hi flush or bare K?

I guess that's really the crux of our disagreement - out views of unknown donks and their ranges. I personally don't think a non aggro donk is stacking off for 250 bbs particularly light here.

That said, I don't hate a call, however I think it makes for a pretty tough river decision if he bets.

For all these reasons, combined with the fact that I have very little invested with the 6th nuts and very few hands on villain, I choose not to stack off here 250bbs deep and instead wait for a better opportunity later on in the sess.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what was villain's screen name? i might have been at this table.

as long as you don't fold you can't really go wrong. if he's a potbet monkey i'd call and check the river.

if he tends to have Kx but get scared, calling and leading the river is better.

and if he just can't ever fold a K (no 55/15 folds a flush here), just stick it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really hate folding here that much? 88, JJ, and KJ are all solidly in his range and I'd doubt he's stacking off with a K.

I hate shoving here.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw I'm way more of a station than terp and he knows these games pretty well, so I trust his read here.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Little too deep for shoving, I would go with a smaller turn 3bet. We don't want him to have a chance to fold Kx.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:52 PM

i don't get the title.

do what nuggetz said
Old 10-18-2007, 09:54 PM

tricky spot. You're a little too deep to shove imo. Calling then leading river is ok but awkward. Calling the checking river is so-so. None of your options are really that great here (and folding is bad).
Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 AM

I agree with snipe that many people here seme to give villain way too little respect. Ok, he plays 50/15 preflop, but that does not say anything about his potsflop play. He of course could play donkish postflop, but he does not have to with those stats. I played pretty much on UB last few weeks and noticed there are a lot of players with 50/15 - 40/10 that are actually playing better postflop than many 25/15 people on fulltilt - just with too many hands.

That said, I dont think he would continue with a single K here most of the time (except maybe a not 3bet ak) if I 3bet turn, but if thats the case he propably would fire the river again anyway if I just call turn and check river. A 3bet might also kill any further bluff-attempts by him. A call propably also will, but theres at least a chance he will fire river if checked to ("he's weak, i'll pot again"). So if I shove i dont get any more value out of hands I beat (except maybe a lower flush), kill a lot of value I might get off worse hands if he's donkish and pay off big to any fh. So I dont like shoving here too.

Folding here is too weak imo. I might consider it with some reads on villains postflop play (will he bluff huge? might he call flop with a set on a drawy board deepstacked?), but with the possibility out there that he might be a donkey I dont fold.

So I call. I dont like leading blank rivers as it folds out any bluffs/semibluffs, maybe some weak single k's. Plus if I lead I might feel commited if he pushes and talk myself into a crying call, which would be burning money obviously. So yeah, i like call turn und c/c river the most.

comments on my thoughts? oh and btw, the title was supposed to suggest i'd like to vomit like 10 times in a row in this spot. didnt realize people would be so happy about it, i really hate it - I cant control the hand, just got to pray he's a donk and propably win small or lose big time.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 AM

Yeah, call and check river seems about right. He'll likely fire a halfish valuebet with trips and we can always reevaluate depending on the rivercard and the betsize.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 AM

Caruso, I think 3-betting turn is best. He will felt lower flushes and a lot of Kx hands
Old 10-19-2007, 05:54 AM

push