Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Speculate who is the billionaire who bought out M-1?

[ QUOTE ]
Another reason that it most likely isn't Vince is that the Fed is expanding into other areas right now and is looking at setting up developmental territories outside of the US. Their focus has been on that and to go ahead and buy a MMA group while doing that makes little financial sense, and while Vince may not make full sense all the time, he always makes financial sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Six letters:

WBF
XFL
Old 10-18-2007, 06:34 PM

I think if it was mark cuban he would let the whole world know just to get a couple minutes of air time on tv
Old 10-18-2007, 06:42 PM

I pray to god that it's not Vince or Shane. I don't want them buying/starting an MMA promotion and killing it like they did with ECW and WCW. No thanks.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another reason that it most likely isn't Vince is that the Fed is expanding into other areas right now and is looking at setting up developmental territories outside of the US. Their focus has been on that and to go ahead and buy a MMA group while doing that makes little financial sense, and while Vince may not make full sense all the time, he always makes financial sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Six letters:

WBF
XFL

[/ QUOTE ]

touche. With the XFL though, he did have NBC's backing on it, so he didn't take that bad of a bath on it(unlike the WWF NY resturaunt that they had). NBC incurred most of the loss on that one, and he wouldn't have done it w/o Dick Ebersol pushing for it

can't say anything about the WBF, that was an unmitigated disaster
Old 11-05-2007, 06:15 PM

Oh yeah, bump since I forgot about this (and apparently all of you too) and a buddy of mine mentioned this to me this weekend.

It's Sibling Sports. I tried reading up on who they are and why I should know them and I still have no idea. Maybe someone with more knowledge can enlighten us a bit.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, bump since I forgot about this (and apparently all of you too) and a buddy of mine mentioned this to me this weekend.

It's Sibling Sports. I tried reading up on who they are and why I should know them and I still have no idea. Maybe someone with more knowledge can enlighten us a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Sibling Sports is a new company formed by Sibling Entertainment Group.

From the Sibling website:

"Sibling is dedicated to the financing, development and production of entertainment product in all mediums, most notably plays and musicals for the live stage (Broadway, Off-Broadway, national tours, LondonтАЩs West End and regional venues), independent feature films, and their accompanying soundtracks."

M-1 announced Monte Cox as their CEO. Monte's long been involved in fight sport as a manager and promoter.