Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 05:56 PM

Default Re: ESPN\'s new show E:60 (2 thumbs down!)

Was Dr. Phil or Oprah the producer for this show?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was 2 tabling and E60 came on. i didn't care for a single story, except Dr Bob which had its own problems. but my biggest problem with the show was the Bill Simmons segment.

WHO THE F CARES WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE IN A VIDEO GAME?

it's like years ago Stuart Scott went to an NFL practice. at least that had a funny ending, Scott getting hit in the face with a football.

ESPN is [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people do. This segement was all over the sports blogs.

I thought it was kinda cool
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Then the next week the UGA/Bama game Mike Patrick makes a fool out of himself on the game's final dramatic play

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so sick of everyone bringing this up like it's cryptic or something. It was obviously a joke where he was pointing out how trivial something like Britney Spears' personal life feels compared to the exciting true human drama of an overtime college football game. He just butchered it a little bit and everyone got confused.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:16 PM

how gay is that poetry segment i cant stand stu and besides getting hit in the face he also developed breasts
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM

I've been a big ESPN basher as of late, especially with lame segments such as "Who's Now?" but apparently I'm in the minority because I liked E:60 last night. The only part I really disliked was when the reporters were all sitting around and discussing stories which was incredibly annoying and pointless.

Part of the reason I liked it may be bias because I'm a huge Carolina fan and loved the Jason Ray story. However, I also liked the story on the HS football player and on Prince/Cecil Fielder, so I think the show has a lot of potential.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:33 PM

mt2r,

I don't know much about sports betting. But isn't it good for you when a bunch of ill informed folk throw down tons of cash on foolish lines because of silly information they get from ESPN? If ESPN improved to higher quality reporting and the sports competency of the average person improved would that not also hurt your bottom line?
Old 10-17-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mt2r,

I don't know much about sports betting. But isn't it good for you when a bunch of ill informed folk throw down tons of cash on foolish lines because of silly information they get from ESPN? If ESPN improved to higher quality reporting and the sports competency of the average person improved would that not also hurt your bottom line?

[/ QUOTE ]

considering I'm breakeven on NCAAF over the last two years, I'm not sure it makes any difference
Old 10-17-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
first 'story' I saw on the show

first of all, there are huge reporting issues right now--
64% is not a verified record of Dr. Bob
he was 57% going into 2006

he had a losing year in 2006--Vegas wasn't hemoraging money
what is the scale and numbers to show Vegas was having an awful week

Bob is also getting crushed in 2007...come on...his 64% is total phooey...shouldn't a journalist check on that
Dr.Bob has consecutive losing seasons going IIRC---where is the reporting?

[/ QUOTE ]

If Bob continues his awful year this year, or even recovers slightly, it will be 3 losing years in last 5.

Not quite 64%.

Hell, I still haven't heard of a single person doing better than my 21-10-1 2p2 posted record in bowls last year, with the Pick of Year on the Miami Under/O. Maybe ESPN will do a segment on me??
Old 10-18-2007, 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Brutal show. How staged were the "behind the scenes" stuff in B&W? ESPN needs to realize that people don't give a [censored] about Jeremy Schaap talking to a producer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems several people in this forum cared enough to watch.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember the Arkansas/Alabama game a few weeks back where they kept having some US Women's Soccer player randomly appear ont he phone talking up the Women's world cup? Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, but... she was FROM ALABAMA!!! it doesn't get any more relevant than that!

[ QUOTE ]
Then the next week the UGA/Bama game Mike Patrick makes a fool out of himself on the game's final dramatic play

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Patrick is a [censored] dirtbag [censored] [censored] [censored].

ESPN jumped the shark when they demoted Ron Franklin for schooling that stupid bitch Holly Rowe when she made some retarded [censored] comment. They should have canned her ass and kept the best [censored] play-by-play guy they've got in their primetime slot. Retards.

[ QUOTE ]
I have to wonder why ESPN hasn't felt some sort of backlash in the ratings about this yet. Clearly they would change if they felt it would bring in more people?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because THEY HAVE THE GAMES. ESPN motto: "We got em, you want em, so SHUT UP." They're like the phone company of college football. Generally I mute the TV and listen to the games on the radio.