Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Preflop, Newbie Questions

[ QUOTE ]
would probably shove the flop with the 99

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I say a call is decent with the 99 if he's been 3-betting you a bunch, he's stats advocate folding though. I definitely think that you can peel the KK5 flop, I really don't get a shove though.
With the QQ both a 4-bet and a call is good, I mix it up depending on opponent, history, flow of hame etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand #1 is fine fold flop now.
call 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Given I feel he can be 3betting me light, don't I have to call this flop if I'm going to call pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like a decent option too. Only problem with it is that if your opponent is any good at hand reading he will put you on 88-QQ, knowing that you would have 4bet AK pf.

but yeah in retrospect i like calling flop better than folding
Old 10-17-2007, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hand #1 is fine fold flop now.
call 2

[/ QUOTE ]

Given I feel he can be 3betting me light, don't I have to call this flop if I'm going to call pf?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you do except you know he'll fire turn no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think we play the same games.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM

1 fold, 2 i usually don't fold. tbh, i think i still get it in on the flop v. nit but i could very well be wrong.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:10 PM

meh, I actually four bet hand 1 a good percentage when I know I'm getting three bet light. If I don't, I'd probably call.

Is this a fairly standard c-bet size from this guy? I personally don't c-bet that big in rr pots, ever, so that's why I'm asking. If it is, I'd definitely call at least one bet here and reeval on the turn.

Vs Teddy -
Man, what is up with this guy? I had him as a total nit for ever and a day and then he went totally nutso on me the other day and was three betting and squeezing the [censored] out of me. In about a three hour session, I think I four bet him four or five times once I adjusted. He folded nearly every time except when we got it all in pf my KK > his AJ.

I don't see why a shove is bad vs this guy at all if he was playing like this, though I'd probably four bet smaller, mainly because I don't really feel like playing QQ three to a flop in a bloated pot without position.

Lol at folding though.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:13 PM

how can you fold 1 no mather what (4 handed you know), I think calling flop is fine. And calling and shoving is both fine at 2. And what is your image? Would be nice to know. Also 3betting history as those stats really dont say anything at all. iv seen 26/21 guys 3bet tight, and 14/11 guys 3bet me on the button like crazy.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I actually four bet hand 1 a good percentage when I know I'm getting three bet light. If I don't, I'd probably call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a horrible play. Why on earth would you turn 99 into a bluff? Sure you might fold out TT-JJ, but you can just as easily do that with 57s. Are you praying he shoves AK back at you so you can call for a coin flip?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:40 PM

MrTeddyKGB plays pretty weird and erratic so I don't think I'd ever fold QQ pf let alone on any decent looking flop.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:52 PM

I folded hand 2, which is think is awful. I also think shoving is awful. I think calling and getting it in on good flops is best.

In hand 1, I called flop and folded to a turn shove. I like the way I played it, but I think shoving flop can be good at times. Might be an actual value bluff. I really don't feel like I get 2barreled often enough to make calling the flop -EV.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:02 PM

hand 1 is played optimal i think. very rarely is someone going to double barrell you.

hand 2 i think folding is the worst option against him. calling is best, then shoving, then way down the list is folding