Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 AM

Default Re: 10 handed tables?

[ QUOTE ]
Several places do NL 9-handed. Harrah's. Mirage used to (probably still does...haven't visited them in months). Caesars, I think. Perhaps others

[/ QUOTE ]

NL and PL are traditionally 9 handed games.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:34 AM

bellagio 10-20+ is 9-handed. the extra elbow room is great, and i've really grown used to it. i now hate being squeezed into 10-handed games.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Several places do NL 9-handed. Harrah's. Mirage used to (probably still does...haven't visited them in months). Caesars, I think. Perhaps others

[/ QUOTE ]

NL and PL are traditionally 9 handed games.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vegas poker isn't much for tradition, it seems. I think most places jam 10 people at NL tables. MGM, Excal, TI, Bally's, etc. It's the exception for a room to be 9-handed. Harrah's has (humorously) gone back and forth; it was 10-handed for years, then they went to 9 for a month, then back to 10 for a couple weeks, then back to 9 where I think it is now... except when they decide to make it 10 for a few hours 'cause they're busy. And then there are places like Monte Carlo which still has stud-size tables here or there so the games are 10-handed normally but 9-handed if you get stuck on a stubby table.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:26 AM

"Perhaps others"

Orleans is 9 handed for NL and 10 handed for limit. When the jackpot was $105,000 recently and the room was packed with jackpot hunters, they were sometimes making it 10 handed NL but now that it has hit.....S.O.P. is 9 handed for NL.

Played Red Rock & Golden Nugget the last couple of nights and the 10 handed felt too cramped. Maybe I'm way too FAT but I think 9 handed rocks!

Best Wishes

Howard