Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ TT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I too nitty for folding this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. This would make alot more sense if Mason had been CO and asian kid BTN. As is I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree a muck PF is a strong consideration.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:44 PM

We all know if he's cold-calling two more with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] OOP (well, at least in position to the 3-bettor), he's certainly not folding this relative gem of a hand either.

Garland
Old 10-16-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checkraise mason if he bets, even if the kid calls. He will proudly show the "psychological strength" to fold his probable AQ, AJ, or pocket pair, and neither will put you on anything other than AA, KK, or AK.

If the kid bets, fold.

what is your table image?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, too late to edit. Automatically making this play in this spot is beyond horrible. However, I think it is the type of play that *when it was correct* will become apparent to you AFTER the hand is over, and you will realize it should have been apparent AT THE TIME, but that it wasn't because you thought it was just too spewy and totally ruled it out.

So what I am really saying is ask yourself if it's a good spot, and if it is, then gogogo.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
checkraise mason if he bets, even if the kid calls. He will proudly show the "psychological strength" to fold his probable AQ, AJ, or pocket pair, and neither will put you on anything other than AA, KK, or AK.

If the kid bets, fold.

what is your table image?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, too late to edit. Automatically making this play in this spot is beyond horrible. However, I think it is the type of play that *when it was correct* will become apparent to you AFTER the hand is over, and you will realize it should have been apparent AT THE TIME, but that it wasn't because you thought it was just too spewy and totally ruled it out.

So what I am really saying is ask yourself if it's a good spot, and if it is, then gogogo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice, snowball. And an interesting idea in this hand -- where, indeed, it would not have occured to me. I'm not sure it would be profitable, but it is worth considering.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:24 AM

check / fold

What do either of them have on the flop that doesn't beat you?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 AM

So what do you guys think these two clowns are going to do on the turn with hands like KQs, KJs, JJ-77? Which of those two possibly has an A, and specifically which A is it?
Old 10-17-2007, 11:24 AM

After talking this over with the dude he convinced me that betting is certainly best and it's not actually that close. Had I bothered to do some hand reading I might have come to that conclusion the first time.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After talking this over with the dude he convinced me that betting is certainly best and it's not actually that close. Had I bothered to do some hand reading I might have come to that conclusion the first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to elaborate?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:42 PM

There was no cap preflop which makes AA,KK,AK less likely for your opponents.

When Mason just calls the flop bet he probably figures he is in a way ahead way behind situation. I would figure he has KQ,KJs(would he cap with AK?) or he has QQ which he might of capped and probably should have given his reads or JJ on down. If he had a hand like 88 I would think he would raise the flop since his hand is vulnerable. With QQ or JJ he might just call and see how the action went and possibly get away from the hand cheaply. I don't put him on a hand with just an Ace.

My initial feeling was to check-fold. However, bet-folding could certainly be an option if our read is correct on what Mason holds. If he doesn't hold an Ace this gives him an opportunity to make a prudent fold on his part. MP only called the flop so he is probably in the same situation or possibly has a monster(less likely of course).

I will admit I only thought of this after a few of the posters mentioned bet-fold.

I would muck this preflop given the early positions of your opponents and also their skill level. Since you chose to play it I think capping is best since calling pretty much announces what you have.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:14 PM

"So what do you guys think these two clowns are going to do on the turn with hands like KQs, KJs, JJ-77?"

I assume you mean what are they going to do if you bet the turn. My answer is that they're going to fold.

"Which of those two possibly has an A, and specifically which A is it?"

I haven't played with Mason, but I doubt he has an ace, unless he has two of them. I haven't played with the other guy either, but he could have A-Qs if this was Commerce. Which it ain't.

All in all, I think this largish pot is worth a bet here to try to get the better hands than yours to fold.