Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: Fold straight to worst river ever???

Please to be firing the turn for value and to protect your hand, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. (why didn't you bet?).

I dunno about the river - it's not as easy a fold and he could suck a lot. River pushes don't always come down to logic, and in tournaments, with a stack, I like to make some hero calls in certain spots. They have worked for me well enough because I had a read/feel. Having said that, is this one of those spots? I don't know. I know that I have slow played two sets the past two days, and both of them make me want to vomit. That's irrelevant.

Barry
Old 10-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Fold straight to worst river ever???

[ QUOTE ]
Please to be firing the turn for value and to protect your hand, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. (why didn't you bet?).

I dunno about the river - it's not as easy a fold and he could suck a lot. River pushes don't always come down to logic, and in tournaments, with a stack, I like to make some hero calls in certain spots. They have worked for me well enough because I had a read/feel. Having said that, is this one of those spots? I don't know. I know that I have slow played two sets the past two days, and both of them make me want to vomit. That's irrelevant.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

I sort of asked/answered this in a post above...I felt I was getting set up fo a CR on the turn (based on Villian's action on the flop) and i wanted to see a river.

If anything I really wanted to repop enough on the flop so that if Villian did push on the flop at least I had pot odds to call w/8 outs (has it turned out I had 14 but thats sort of neither here or there).

- JA