Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: 99 late in $5 tourney

nope...why shove into two overs when people aren't folding when they hit...patience is huge and better spots will come along
Old 10-16-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, after some time to think I see how bad this is. I'm pretty new to tournaments and I get over aggressive sometimes. Out of curiosity, does anyone shove if SB is not in the hand? I guess I just don't see a king doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly I have seen plenty of Kings with weak kickers do this, I jam and they call anyway. Or they have QJ of spades and I jam and they call anyway, when they "should" be a 2-1 dog but instead they are slight favorites. My point is, the $5 people are going to call anyway. They are "wrong" to do this when you have AK or a set of Js, but they are "right" to do this when you have 99. So punish them with your good hands and don't gift them chips when your hand isn't a clear favorite to win at showdown. Anyone who tries to bluff a donk is an idiot. Don't be that guy.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:05 AM

I'm ok on the flop raise vs 1 player especially, although this will take down a large percentage of min bet leads, I like it better heads up. If you want to see his hand flat call that min bet and see what he does on the turn, most donks will show you their hand there, I really don't mind floating to one min bet here to see what he does on the turn, we're nearly getting our odds to call for set here anyway if we can count implied at full.