Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Re: JTs - Dodgy pf 3bet but I flop the world.

Raising obviously gets better.

I remember that thread. I think the hand played was QJs and things got a bit heated.

I dont remember the specifics.

IMO you shouldnt call very often from the SB first in after a raise.

I think this is one of the few spots where call > raise.

Basically you should look for spots were your FE is low, your eq is slim and where the BB is loose/bad.

Otherwise you should really try to knock out BB. Creating that dead money is huge.

This is for 1/2 structures btw. In a 2/3 or 3/5 you can call more and in a 1/3 and 2/5 you should call even less IMO.

I have changed play quite a bit in the SB. But thats because I player higher stakes now where even TAGs and LAGTAGs calls a SB 3-bet with quite a large range.

This means I am put in a spot where the direct benefits from raising - creating dead money - is mitigated quite a lot.

Another thing is that a lot of TAG (idiots) views calling as a sign of weakness and will thus sit to my left. (Which I like as long as they view me as a fish)
Old 10-16-2007, 09:30 AM

Pre-flop is pretty bad in my opinion. Why are you 3-betting JTs against a loose passive out of position? Cold calling can't be that bad here and I'm guessing you just 3-bet because you don't cold call. If the BB is loose then I actually like cold calling more because this is a multiway hand in this position. At 2/4 though you could probably fold this.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop is pretty bad in my opinion. Why are you 3-betting JTs against a loose passive out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]
I gotta be honest, the main reason I did this was because I had been winning every pot vs this guy (read: pwning) and I wanted to pwn him some more. I acknowledged that it was a dodgy pf 3bet in the thread title.

[ QUOTE ]
I have changed play quite a bit in the SB. But thats because I player higher stakes now where even TAGs and LAGTAGs calls a SB 3-bet with quite a large range

[/ QUOTE ]
What stakes are you playing now Oink?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-flop is pretty bad in my opinion. Why are you 3-betting JTs against a loose passive out of position?

[/ QUOTE ]
I gotta be honest, the main reason I did this was because I had been winning every pot vs this guy (read: pwning) and I wanted to pwn him some more. I acknowledged that it was a dodgy pf 3bet in the thread title.

[/ QUOTE ]

This just makes it more likely that he's going to get to the river or play back at you and you're out of position. This type of thinking is going to waste some portion of a BB/100 over time. Include in that the tilt raises and the "I'm running well so I now raise 56s in the CO" type raises.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing is that a lot of TAG (idiots) views calling as a sign of weakness and will thus sit to my left. (Which I like as long as they view me as a fish)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is interesting. I play a lot of TAG:s that really are more like Tight-spewy than tight agressive. They are often pretty new to the game and have read that agression is the key to winning at SH-limit- Because of that they 3-bet weak draws and medium pair on flops, and fire 3-barrels with air on ugly boards etc. Players like that often thinks a player that calls is weak and try to run him over. I love being that guy that they try to run over so sometimes I call just to establish a weak image. Thought on that?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes are you playing now Oink?

[/ QUOTE ]

No higher than 20/40 at the moment.

When you get past 5/10 at party there is a lot of 30/20 and 40/25 types that just dont fold A8s or JTs or 55 in the BB vs a button open and a SB 3-bet.

Without FE the reason to 3-bet out of the SB vs a raise is mitigated quite a lot.