Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: NL$25 Video: How bad do i suck?

Just watching it now -

Raising AJ UTG at 6-handed table is not close unless people think you're FOS.

3.20 - A6 suited OTB unopened is an AUTOMATIC raise.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM

I'll take a look too.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:23 PM

I just started watching, but as soon as I started it I recognized your screen name from FTP and I have a note on you saying you are somewhat easy to 3bet out of your hands and likes to call 1 street and then fold to second barrels etc.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:42 PM

You are definitely right that players try all kinds of awful bluffs and top pair is more valuable, at the start. LOL like the hand at 2:25 where donk shoves with no pair, no draw. Standard.

AK even if player won't fold to c-bet is still very strong. You should 3bet close to every time IMO.

At 4:40ish with 87o, I don't mind check behind on flop but you should c-bet the turn with OESD here most of the time even though he's short. Because he is short. Players tend not to c/r blank turns when you check behind flop. They will bet out turn with hand here most of the time. And, you can bluff/shove river when/if he checks.

5:30 you got another shortie with a pair and turned flush draw. Fire another barrell and call push. I think your c-bets are a bit too small as well.

9:30ish AQ in BB opponent donks flop. I can see call, raise, fold all viable options. Without reads I like fold best to generate weak image and get them to make plays at me.

10:30ish 98o from CO 3-way K95 flop. You don't have much value from betting in that a worse hand cannot call but I c-bet here because probably do have the best hand and there are too many bad cards on turn. Plus, I want people to respect c-bet less.

10:50 I can't see how much SB has, looks short, but I'm not folding Q9s in position preflop.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just started watching, but as soon as I started it I recognized your screen name from FTP and I have a note on you saying you are somewhat easy to 3bet out of your hands and likes to call 1 street and then fold to second barrels etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic!

Yeah, i turned into a huge weak tight pussy. Fixed that now, thats why i broke even for so long.

Which was caused by running horribly bad and getting coolered a heap.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:01 AM

I don't like the chat talking about ditching 22-33 because of "set over set"'s..
set over set sucks but it's just coolers
m12 definitely bet the J8s on the flop in 4 way hand, narrow down the field since you are not drawing to the nuts.
m14 I call the minraise w/ the Q4s in the blind battle because I have position and it's a decent hand headsup.
m22 cbet AK on that flop for several reasons. You often have the best hand so value, information, and even if he calls often he will fold to a cbet some time, don't let him catch up, especially not for free.
m27 he's not openshoving A9 on the river often enough. I like the hand and the fold is great.
m34 I think you raise a bit too much on such a dry flop, raise to like 6.50 and there are not a lot of turncards you hate.
m37 AK again and no cbet? you cbet w/ any hand except AK ^^. You have good equity in the hand vs his calling range and you wouldn't mind taking it down straight away.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 AM

You seem to put a lot of value in good reads and have a lot of info on your opponents etc. One thing I noticed at these stakes is that a lot of people seem to be scared to death of getting 3-bet preflop esp. when out of position. And you seem to play reasonably tight so I think it's profitable to identify these players who fold to 3-bets a lot and who also open-raise a lot and periodically 3-bet them with any two cards in position - basically take advantage of your image and all that info you have.

Also that J8 hand at about 12 minutes. Betting that flop has a lot of advantages apart from getting value. It makes you a lot harder to read if you bet these flops and builds a pot for when you back into a sneaky hand. I would bet a flop like this basically 100% of the time in that kind of situation, only exception being if opponents are extremely aggro which is rare. Betting this flop and getting flat-called by top pair etc. with reasonably deep stacks and calling stations as opponents (which is usually the case) is a good result I think.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 AM

poker stove is not being gay, you try to give him A9s when the 9 is already on the board ^^ fwiw
Old 10-16-2007, 12:11 AM

12:40ish You yawn. Don't play tired. Heh.

13:50 You get minraised by SB with Q4s and think about raising. I like this, and you should do it a certain amount of the time IMO. Even just calling and raising flop. Obv fold mostly.

14:40ish QT flop top pair, c-bet and Ace on turn. Check call turn is good line too against certain opponents as you explain later. River bet is too thin OOP, with position against that fish I think it's close to standard though.

21:05 Wow nice soul read.

22:10 Value bet/cbet AK on that flop especially if he peels flops. Bet the turn. Call river with Ace high.

26:30 I'll bet OESD here into that many people quite often since we have button. Checking behind is cool too. You have the nuts on turn. I'll even overcall his shove there a ton, minraise is funny too. Worst river card ever. Good fold.

Blind protection is overrated in 25nl for most part. I don't let SB steal from me because I have position but otherwise they can have it mostly. Throw in a couple light 3bets against button and jazz, but generally whatever.

I'll edit more thoughts into this over next few mins.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:17 AM

I think you give villain a too big of a range when he shoves there, with the other player already being all in, he's not bluffing, and I doubt that he just shoves with trip nines.
I think it's close but I like the fold.