Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:07 PM

Default Re: is that a deal?

[ QUOTE ]
you should have just won the tournament and saved the headache...

[/ QUOTE ]

The irony is that he did. He's posting this from the villain's perspective =P
Old 10-15-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was my first thought when reading it too. If this is the case then it comes down to his own interpretation of what happened. If he was under an impression that a deal was made he should pay and if he's unsure enough to post and ask he should pay.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:23 PM

This happened in a pretty noteworthy tournament but the site is not one to interfere with deals/chops, so his money is "safe" for whatever that's worth. He wouldn't even be thinking about shipping the money if the villain hadn't bugged him about it, resulting in him starting a separate thread about this same issue.

Funnily enough, when he posted it from his own perspective like 90% of people told him to ship the cash.. when he posted from the villains 100% told him to do it the other way around. Methinks people try to outlevel themselves when determining OP's intentions and basically just try to paint him in as bad a way as possible. It made me lawl.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 PM

Yep, sorry to misleading you guys. I did take it down.
Does it change anything?

The conversation is quoted word for word though.
And to make matters even worse I didn't even see his OK reply due to a lot of observer chat.

And as you guys , reading the reply "I don't have ...." made me feel there is no deal.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM

I am going for what Jurollo would say here and def keep the money. Angleshooting is angleshooting IMO

Edit: wording
Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 PM

Maybe I should make a separate post about this, but poker players should be much better about making arrangements with each other.

After you have a conversation like that you should definitely say "Ok, so the deal is if I win I will give you this and if you win you will give me that. Do you agree to this?"

Same applies to staking agreements and prop bets.

It's really shady to have a sort of vague discussion like this and then not say anything to each other afterwards. You're just setting the situation up for angleshooting in one direction or the other.

Edit: Also, on a slightly related note, newer versions of AIM have automatic logging. You go to settings and it's there somewhere. All poker players should have this turned on.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:10 PM

If OP is really all that was said in the convo i dont think i'd consider the deal agreed on.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way, had you gone on to win the tournament and had he posted this here, would you feel obligated to pay him the money? I don't think you would.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that makes me laugh. I still say this is hardly evidence of a deal being made. And to take from what Badger said, "If you are unsure enough that you had to make a post here to discuss, then NO DEAL WAS MADE!"

IMO, for a deal to be made, the evidence of said deal must be indisputable. The fact that this is disputable is evidence that no deal was made.

Sherman
Old 10-16-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I should make a separate post about this, but poker players should be much better about making arrangements with each other.

After you have a conversation like that you should definitely say "Ok, so the deal is if I win I will give you this and if you win you will give me that. Do you agree to this?"

Same applies to staking agreements and prop bets.

It's really shady to have a sort of vague discussion like this and then not say anything to each other afterwards. You're just setting the situation up for angleshooting in one direction or the other.

Edit: Also, on a slightly related note, newer versions of AIM have automatic logging. You go to settings and it's there somewhere. All poker players should have this turned on.

[/ QUOTE ]

My current stake agreement has typed up "contract", aim convos, and spreadsheets tracking everything covered. I don't see how anyone could risk money without similar requirements (Except friendly prop bets + trading %, which I only do with people I trust as much as one can trust someone on the internet :P)
Old 10-16-2007, 03:32 AM

I hope the conversation in the OP doesn't constitute a deal.