Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Ummm, yeah, so I forgot how to play poker.

"For the love of all mankind, why on EARTH did you bet the river? The pot is huge, you should show down, and the board is nasty."

lol betting the river here and getting paid by KT, 55, T9, and other hands that will pay off all day long, but wont bet if checked to is the beauty of live poker. you have the safest easiest fold ever if raised and there's really not much more to it.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"For the love of all mankind, why on EARTH did you bet the river? The pot is huge, you should show down, and the board is nasty."

lol betting the river here and getting paid by KT, 55, T9, and other hands that will pay off all day long, but wont bet if checked to is the beauty of live poker. you have the safest easiest fold ever if raised and there's really not much more to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you Mike, value bet value bet value bet, but it's a sick board, and I tend to err on the side of showing down in big pots on scary boards.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:11 PM

honestly c/c is worse than b/c here and b/c is pretty bad. c/c you are basically behind 100% when you call and b/c you are behind 100% when raised but the difference is when you plan to bet call he calls with a ton of hands we beat.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 PM

well said. your post and my post in this thread would help half the people here win significantly more in live games then they already do.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:05 PM

So you're saying I should stop posting? I already seem to have an incredibly difficult time beating the WORLD CLASS PLAYERS I sit with on a regular basis.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike what do you think of the turn 3b? Would you consider any other lines after being raised on the turn?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike what do you think of the turn 3b? Would you consider any other lines after being raised on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, villain needs to have T9 or KT there. to make it correct. I guess maybe 55 but this guy is aggroish, and I think he openraises that PF. He openraises TT and 99. So there are 16 combos that I am getting value against, and then there is everything else where I am pwning myself. His flop line is flush draw or QJ basically all the time. A diff straight draw might be possible, but the idea that he raises the turn with those or plays them preflop is a bit silly. J8s openlimp MAYBE, but then again, that's like 4 combos that he raises the turn with very rarely, so it's effectively less than 1 combo.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I mean, villain needs to have T9 or KT there. to make it correct. I guess maybe 55 but this guy is aggroish, and I think he openraises that PF. He openraises TT and 99. So there are 16 combos that I am getting value against, and then there is everything else where I am pwning myself. His flop line is flush draw or QJ basically all the time. A diff straight draw might be possible, but the idea that he raises the turn with those or plays them preflop is a bit silly. J8s openlimp MAYBE, but then again, that's like 4 combos that he raises the turn with very rarely, so it's effectively less than 1 combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. So say you just called. Are you still b/f the river or b/c?
Old 10-15-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. So say you just called. Are you still b/f the river or b/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

ty
given that river is a J, I say BF. any other river is CC.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:36 PM

ok so my river handreading rules the school. my thoughts "uhhhh, there aren't any hands he has that have a J in it that play like this on this board"

"he prob has flush that he is playing weird"

"maybe not though he didn't 4 bet turn"

"I have top set"

"man I am playing this hand bad. why stop now?"