Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: nl200 TT overpair whats the plan here?

the threebet pre is bad. I would only 3bet here vs a player with a very wide range, and even then i'd call at least 75% of the time. It is simply the optimal play with TT.

As played to the flop, you should probably bet/fold (by the way this is the reason the 3bet pre sucks, because it causes you to have to turn an overpair into a bluff). Honestly the check on the flop isn't too bad though.

As played i don't mind the checkcall on the turn. And i would check call or check fold this river, depending on how i felt and what his betsize was. The blocking bet is just terrible, and honestly as played i'd probably call the river raise, because of how weak you look.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would have been OK to call for TT value

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the threebet pre is bad. I would only 3bet here vs a player with a very wide range, and even then i'd call at least 75% of the time. It is simply the optimal play with TT.

As played to the flop, you should probably bet/fold (by the way this is the reason the 3bet pre sucks, because it causes you to have to turn an overpair into a bluff). Honestly the check on the flop isn't too bad though.

As played i don't mind the checkcall on the turn. And i would check call or check fold this river, depending on how i felt and what his betsize was. The blocking bet is just terrible, and honestly as played i'd probably call the river raise, because of how weak you look.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all of this, very good advice
Old 10-15-2007, 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what? Really? Does anyone else agree with this? I'm 3-betting with TT almost 100% of the time against a CO or BTN open by a solid regular. Would you 3-bet JJ?

FWIW, I agree w/ Renton on the play of the hand postflop. I don't like checking this flop, and I definitely don't like the small blocking bet on the river--if you are going to make a bet that weak, I think it has to be with the intention of calling a raise and this is not the hand I want to be doing that with.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Wait, what? Really? Does anyone else agree with this? I'm 3-betting with TT almost 100% of the time against a CO or BTN open by a solid regular. Would you 3-bet JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe the decision to 3 bet TT in this spot should have more to do with the villans ATSB %, not soley upon whether they are a reg or not. Since op has no HUD stats and it's not clear how wide the villans range is here call pf appears to be best move
Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 AM

call pre is optimal vs 100% of players EXCEPT people you can autobetcall flops against with TT unimproved.

I would also usually call JJ, but JJ is a much better threebet candidate.

I think a good range to 3bet here vs a decent tag would be QQ+ AK AQ KQ 22-55 54s and [censored]
Old 10-15-2007, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
call pre is optimal vs 100% of players EXCEPT people you can autobetcall flops against with TT unimproved.

I think a good range to 3bet here vs a decent tag would be QQ+ AK AQ KQ 22-55 54s and [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

you end up turning TT into a bluff way too much which sucks, turning something like 22 or 76s into a bluff is fine
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

you end up turning TT into a bluff way too much which sucks, turning something like 22 or 76s into a bluff is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for the input, i like this advice