Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: List of Poker Software

[ QUOTE ]
You will not get any nasty Popups when using SpadeEye while playing on PokerStars, although it is on the prohibited list.
I have worked all out with the PokerStars gaming commission.
Many people are using SpadeEye while playing on PokerStars, including myself, without problems. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It is on the prohibited list, in cause of an old SpadeEye test version which supported PokerStars, but has never been released.
It has never been released because i cooperate with the PokerStars gaming commission and they told me, they don't like my "old" approach.
My new approach, named "Telescope" is, as you can see officially allowed by PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mr_Snood, glad you jumped in, I'll hope you help to clarify this in order to get things straight on the list.

I've took the list of PokerStars, exactly as it is. It has to different applications listed, SpadeEye as forbidden and Telescope as allowed. Plus, in the Spadeit ! page they are two different products, SpadeEye lists version 2.20, and Telescope lists version 1.04.
Plus, both software have a $10 discount for users of the other one.
I don't understand this, from your posts seems they are the same product (actually the picture in the page looks equal except for the name and version), but the versions are different. Plus, SpadeEye says it has datamining capabilities, and Telescope does not.

Plus, you can also help by suggesting features for the category, I think it will be the category "Table Selection".

TIA & Regards ...
Old 10-13-2007, 07:57 PM

Yes, SpadeEye and Telescope are different products, but they offer the same feature: tableselection.
They share the userinterface.
Thats why they look the same.
But they work slightly different, because they support other pokersites/networks.

SpadeEye is for tableselection and datamining on:
Partypoker, EmpirePoker, FullTiltPoker, AbsolutePoker, VegasPoker247, Big Chip Poker and Bodog Poker.

Telescope is only for tableselection on PokerStars.

Besides this exist:
EyePoker for tableselection and datamining in the iPoker network.

PrimaEye for tableselection and datamining in the Prima/Microgaming network.

EverestEye for tableselection at EverestPoker.

So, some of the bigger networks got its own application.
Thats why i give a standard discount to existing customer.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 PM

I put up the list here. Somehow I thought this was going to be mostly free scripts and stuff. I'm not entirely sure the admins will be ok with a list of commercial software; putting for-pay apps makes an issue wrt advertisers, not to mention the barrage of crappy software authors who will want their See Your Opponents' Hole Cards scam posted. We'll see how it goes.

Adrian, did I get your whole list? It looked like the table got cut off. If you want to email me instead, I'm Sam.Greenberg at gmail.

Thanks again for compiling all this.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Somehow I thought this was going to be mostly free scripts and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite astounded that almost *none* of the free apps / scripts have made it on to the list [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EDIT: Sam, fix the width for Col3 - makes a horizontal scroll on 1600x1200.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:00 AM

Agreed. This list sucks. I'd imagine the admins wouldn't allow a sticky post unless they recieved commission from any commercial software on the list. But then again, I don't know the "admins".
Old 10-14-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I put up the list here. Somehow I thought this was going to be mostly free scripts and stuff. I'm not entirely sure the admins will be ok with a list of commercial software; putting for-pay apps makes an issue wrt advertisers, not to mention the barrage of crappy software authors who will want their See Your Opponents' Hole Cards scam posted. We'll see how it goes.

Adrian, did I get your whole list? It looked like the table got cut off. If you want to email me instead, I'm Sam.Greenberg at gmail.

Thanks again for compiling all this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi SamIam,
I'm sending you right now the list in it's current state, but I'd like to explain a few things first. I've needed to start somewhere, and don't get criticism for being biased, so I've started with PokerStar's list of software. Eitherway, I've got criticism :-)

Second, the list should be not only made by me, anyone who thinks a certain software has value should suggest the additions and they should be made.

Regarding the free scripts, they were not there on the first version simply because they are not part of PokerStars allowed / prohibited software (the list should not be only for PokerStars, but I've started there cause is the place I play mostly).

Also, I personally think that different categories of software have different utilities. For example I think the tracking category (like Poker Tracker, Holdem Manager, and so on) have more utility that what I've called the category Hole Cards Analyzers. But that's my personal opinion, and when you see PokerStars lists and you see a software you don't know, the list could help you to decide faster if you want to take a deeper look on that software or not.

And last, the descriptions for now are the manufacturer's description. I think they should be substitued for a list of features (and I am substituing them now), this makes comparison much faster. But, for a single person it takes to install every single app there, what I'm currently doing.

Regards ...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Somehow I thought this was going to be mostly free scripts and stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am quite astounded that almost *none* of the free apps / scripts have made it on to the list [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi dave,

How about you helping all of us by suggesting free scripts and stuff to add to the list? I'm sure a PooBah can help in here. You can also help by defining categories of scripts for the list (Mods, and so on).

If you suggest them, I'm willing to search for them in order to add the links, versions, and the rest of the information.

TIA & Regards ...