Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:26 AM

Default Re: AQs gets donked, hits nothing, folds turn

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow! DONT FOLD THE FLOP!

I am not folding the flop ever getting those odds and if the turn bricks of I am going to SD making a note.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why your went to showdown is 40%

Calling the flop is close. I don't think that's a bad play. But if the turn bricks off, I'm folding.

I just don't think calling down on this board with AQ is going to be +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not calling down blindly. This particular turn is pretty bad and I prolly end up folding. Tho its close.

I guess it depends on the games you are playing tho. I have started calling down very loose vs bad donkers. So far I am very please as JT and A2 seems equally likely as Kx, fd and 2nd pair.

My point is that folding here is silly untill you get a read. Obviosuly the call down gets thinner on the turn when a bad card drops.

To be honest Hip. Its my belief that you play too tight. (You play around 10/20 at AP right?). Now you can take that fwiw since there is now way that I can ever know that I should be in a position to tell you that. (You could just as well have found the right strategy).

Anyhoo. You fold too much IMHO.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:48 PM

bumskies, i think i'm foldin too much, too, and at the wrong times.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:07 PM

whats wrong with 40% WTSD? I have 41% and I'm doing fine...
Old 10-13-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats wrong with 40% WTSD? I have 41% and I'm doing fine...

[/ QUOTE ]

41% is too high. seriously.

now this hand, against some ppl I will call down. I think that the right play, is calling the flop, and folding the turn UI.

The reason is this, if we hit a Q, he isn't folding a pair, so we get at least 2BB when we hit.

My WtSD is like 37%, and I'm looking for more places to fold.

I think 37 is a little too high. I don't have any evidence to back that up, except my own experience, and I think I still don't fold enough post flop.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My WtSD is like 37%, and I'm looking for more places to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking for places to call and raise, since folding means you lost the hand and I like to win...
Old 10-13-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hip seriously!

You cant make such statements without knowing the average number of players at Hero's table!

You know it. And I know that you know it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That said I am happy with my winrate and my wtsd is nearing 40 even for 5-6 handed.

I have already told you what I think. You fold to much. Take it FWIW cuz I can be wrong and there is no way I can prove I am right.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hip seriously!

You cant make such statements without knowing the average number of players at Hero's table!

You know it. And I know that you know it [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

That said I am happy with my winrate and my wtsd is nearing 40 even for 5-6 handed.

I have already told you what I think. You fold to much. Take it FWIW cuz I can be wrong and there is no way I can prove I am right.

[/ QUOTE ]

My WtSD is 37%, yours is 40%. I don't fold too much, I actually call too much. And if 37 is too much, 40 is too much.

I know you are a winning higher stakes player, it is my feeling that you are losing a little bit too much by calling so many rivers, because I feel like I'm losing money by calling so many rivers.

I have no proof, just my feeling after 500K hands.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 AM

It's rediculous to say that a certain WTSD is to high. If you fold a winner in a 6BB pot that cost the same as if you call river for 1BB 6 times when you're beat. If you are a player that have low WTSD you are likely to have folded some winners and if you have high WTSD you have called a some more loosers. You are not a better player if you make a big mistake sometimes than if you make small mistakes more often if the result overall is the same.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's rediculous to say that a certain WTSD is to high. If you fold a winner in a 6BB pot that cost the same as if you call river for 1BB 6 times when you're beat. If you are a player that have low WTSD you are likely to have folded some winners and if you have high WTSD you have called a some more loosers. You are not a better player if you make a big mistake sometimes than if you make small mistakes more often if the result overall is the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, it's not ridiculous. you guys are at the higher end of the range for WtSD for winning players. I'm not saying you can't win with 41%, but I think it's too high.

If I told you my WtSD was 62% and I was a winning tag, would that not be ridiculous?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 AM

Hip

You cant compare!

We dont play in the same games.

If my games are more loose and aggro its not only correct to see more SDs but I will also be called down more.

There is no such thing as optimal stats.... It depends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FWIW I just checked. My wtsd 5-6 handed is

5/10: 38
10/20: 39
15/30+: 40-41

I am not any more SD bound than other winning players in my games. But I am confident I fold made hands more a Q high less [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]