Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Acevader = superfish.

try to stop thinking that everyone is playing back at you...try to stop being a super super lag all in one day. start slowly by opening up looser in LP and start from there. as your hand reading gets better, you can start to mix it up a little bit. but unleashed aggression just for aggressions sake doesn't seem like a very good plan. you don't have to win every pot (memo to carrotsnake).
Old 10-12-2007, 01:26 PM

Everyone says to loosen up in position but I'm already doing that? Here is my position by position stats:

SB - 22.9 VP$IP; 11.8 PFR

BB - 12.0 VP$IP; 5.8 PFR

UTG - 15.9 VP$IP; 15.9 PFR

MP - 16.5 VP$IP; 16.2 PFR

CO - 21.0 VP$IP; 19.7 PFR

BTN - 25.4 VP$IP; 22.8 PFR

Attempt to steal is : 29.5

If anything those are taken from a sample where I was a fraction tighter than normal!
Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM

Whilst we are at it my bet/raise percentage after I've made a PFR is 60% so I'm not one of those TAGs that cbets every board (i used to be) Is 60% too low now?

Also, just noticed the 're-raised preflop' stat which is surely a measure of 3-betting. Mines is 15.35%. What would be high/low/normal?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:35 PM

loosening up is seriously overrated.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:40 PM

orange, pretty sure my unwarranted aggresion crushed the two of you last night. Also, unwarranted aggresion is awesome when you can bet size a lil better than this. Also, just to make clear, my wwsf is only 48%, I give up sometimes [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 01:52 PM

wowowow i just looked at the first hand (not good), havent read any replies but:

if you wanna go from nit to sLAG, dont jump in at the deep end, start adding a few more hands to you range at a time, slowly. and dont be playing many(ifany) oop.
there are times to get agro and steal pots (w/ draws/air etc) but you need fundamentally sound reasoning behind all your plays. by slowly adapting your play, you get experience in certain spots where you can take the pot down. gl
Old 10-12-2007, 01:58 PM

hand 1: his turn raise looks weird, as if inviting action. JT was a surprise, but generally these sized raises from a turn probebet is something that is geared towards a showdown from a medium or high strength hand

hand 2: i usually give it up on this flop. I am more likely to mess around with the reraiser if the flop is more dry and less hands in his reraising range oop are likely to stack off. here he has a lot of hands that will commit, like basically everything except kings and jacks.

hand 3: i typically fold to the reraise preflop. this hand just doesnt play well enough and you arent deep enough.

hand 4: bet more on flop, i like ur ideas on the turn

hand 5: just meh and weird passive. not the direction u want to go.

hand 6: i like it if the squeezer has a habit of squeezing but folding to shoves. however against someone even semi unknown i think it's an easy fold.

i like that you're going out there and trying new stuff, but try and focus on absuing limpers and raising a wider range pre, not getting into "now im gonna figure out how to make him fold" battles. thats not it.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:59 PM

IMO, a lot of this stuff is 90% dependant of the game flow. If I was you I'd play less tables and watch every hands ppl play. Like, if some 20/18 guy just got 3bet twice in a row and folded both then is still opening a pot from MP... don't 3bet him with 89s.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Cheers guys I really, really appreciate it.

I'll level with you - this is pretty serious stuff for me. I graduated from uni in 2000 with a field specific degree and worked a job I truly hated for 6 years. In the summer I gave up that $60k (equivalent) job to try poker. I had slowly made money for years at poker and wasn't going into it blind with just 50k winning hands or something. However, it was also a leap of faith as its not like I was running 6ptbb/100 for 400,000 hands.

The pull factor of poker alone wasn't enough - the push from my job was the deciding factor so I don't regret the change, but I am struggling.

My non-poker funds will last me a while yet but I really do need to start crushing SSNL by early 2008 or I'm in real trouble and will have no clue which direction to go in life. I enjoy the challenge and I enjoy poker. There is nothing I won't do or try to be the best I can be.

I guess what I'm saying is that if I seem to becoming across a little desperate and sad. Well, it's because I am. I really like my house and lifestyle and I'll be gutted if I have to give it up just because I can't figure out how to make a pretty penny from some donks.

The thing that really gets me is that I actually do crush my opponents at SSNL - I just can't beat them by enough to counter the rake. In a rake free environment I'd be well up.

Any response to this post please?

[ QUOTE ]
Whilst we are at it my bet/raise percentage after I've made a PFR is 60% so I'm not one of those TAGs that cbets every board (i used to be) Is 60% too low now?

Also, just noticed the 're-raised preflop' stat which is surely a measure of 3-betting. Mines is 15.35%. What would be high/low/normal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-12-2007, 03:00 PM

isn't the fact that you got payed off more evidence that doing this sort of thing is good for metagame. you just need to pick your spots better.

hand 1 is just really bad from your opponent, so i wouldn't worry too much about that. some of the others look really badly chosen though.

i don't think people should actively splash around, they should rather take advantage of opportunities as they come along, which they often do if you are paying attention. and you don't need to take advantage of them all, just be selective