Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Whats My Play?

I'd either open-shove or check (see what happens) on the turn.

On the flop, I'd check shove. Mostly b/c OP said villain has been aggressive. So his PF range is wide. Villain knows he has position and can call hoping to take the pot away later and for meta-game of defending his BB.

If we check to villain, I might expect him to bet with a wide range on the flop including all PPs and many unpaired hands. I think a check/shove on the flop has some FE if he doesn't have the A. If he does, we are probably screwed except our runner-runner outs.

This has more to do with villian being aggressive and anything else.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop, I'd check shove. Mostly b/c OP said villain has been aggressive. So his PF range is wide. Villain knows he has position and can call hoping to take the pot away later and for meta-game of defending his BB.

If we check to villain, I might expect him to bet with a widr range on the flop including all PPs and many unpaired hands. I think a check/shove on the flop has some FE if he doesn't have the A. If he does, we are probably screwed except our runner-runner outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my question is are we shoving to try to get a bad A to fold? Do we assume he has air and that we have the best hand? Then why shove cause if he doesnt have an ace we may have some showdown value and outs against a pp...aggressive players may call an overbet shove here with a pocketpair on the flop since it looks like exactly the type of bluf it is
Old 10-12-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't Fire 2nd Barrel on Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a C-bet and a call, if you don't fire the 2nd barrel on the turn, do you check fold?
Old 10-12-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't Fire 2nd Barrel on Turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

After a C-bet and a call, if you don't fire the 2nd barrel on the turn, do you check fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes...if they are that commited to the hand and we have nada why throw money away
Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If we check to villain, I might expect him to bet with a widr range on the flop including all PPs and many unpaired hands. I think a check/shove on the flop has some FE if he doesn't have the A. If he does, we are probably screwed except our runner-runner outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my question is are we shoving to try to get a bad A to fold? Do we assume he has air and that we have the best hand? Then why shove cause if he doesnt have an ace we may have some showdown value and outs against a pp...aggressive players may call an overbet shove here with a pocketpair on the flop since it looks like exactly the type of bluf it is

[/ QUOTE ]

Because even if we are ahead we aren't ahead by much. If we are behind a PP we have outs + layover. Add that with some FE and I think check/shoving the flop is +EV. Although I am not 100% sure how much of an overbet it would be.

If villain min-bets, I would just check/raise to 800 or something. Then open-shove the turn with our added draw.

How much we check/raise on the flop is dependent upon how much villain bets obv.

Sherman
Old 10-12-2007, 04:14 PM

spewy