Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Was this enough aggression?

I think both of these hands are fine...but let's make the limit 2/4-3/6 FR.

Hand 1 : Do we do anything diff?
Hand 2 : same question...
Old 10-10-2007, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call down if 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you have a good read, if you CR this turn and get 3 bet i dont mind a fold. i dont know many FR opponents who would 3 bet this turn after a CR w/o QQ. i dont think ive ever played a live opponent who would.

[/ QUOTE ]
You make a good point here and probably are right in most games. However, with the level being .02/.04 I'm not folding this to a 3-bet. AA/KK or even AQ are not out of the question on that level, IMHO.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, with the level being .02/.04 I'm not folding this to a 3-bet. AA/KK or even AQ are not out of the question on that level, IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been playing a lot of .02/04 lately, and given some of the things I see there, I would even add KQ to the range.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:03 PM

I just played a 150 hands to test out Poker Office at .02/.04 6 max. They were three betting air on the turn when I had the nut flush. Then they tilt the next two hands and blow their 80 cent buy in. Saw three guys do that.

It's hard to learn restraint with a good to great hand when you see that. I definitely don't slow down in this case.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just played a 150 hands to test out Poker Office at .02/.04 6 max. They were three betting air on the turn when I had the nut flush. Then they tilt the next two hands and blow their 80 cent buy in. Saw three guys do that.

It's hard to learn restraint with a good to great hand when you see that. I definitely don't slow down in this case.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big issue. On one hand, I want to try to play "correctly" and disregard the limit. On the other hand, does the "correct" play legitamately differ, based on the trends of extremely horrible and bizarre betting seem at this level?

I don't want to post results in here, but I will just say that the Villian's hands in each of these case, were not ones I would have called correctly if I was given half a dozen guesses.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a big issue. On one hand, I want to try to play "correctly" and disregard the limit. On the other hand, does the "correct" play legitamately differ, based on the trends of extremely horrible and bizarre betting seem at this level?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. It's silly to think otherwise.

But it's not so much the stakes that matters so much as the players therein. Live 2/4 is 100 times the stakes of online .02/.04, but the play is much the same. It plays differently than online 1/2 or live 30/60, so you should tailor your play to reflect the skill level of your opponents.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:46 PM

well imo playing properly at .02/.04 can't hurt per se but playing at that lvl is a waste of time if you do know how to play properly.

No way you can't win at .05/.10. $5 dollars is 50 bb. So $30 covers it easy. Minimum buyin is $50 isn't it? I think if you lose two buy ins at .05/.10 then I might go back to .02/.04 and play but if I lost 1000 bb I would probably agree that poker isn't my game and play something else.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well imo playing properly at .02/.04 can't hurt per se but playing at that lvl is a waste of time if you do know how to play properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - and I will move right outta this silly level, as soon as I can grind out 300BBs for .05/10. Then they will respect my raises. Gimme another month, I'll get there.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. It's silly to think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem, and this is exactly how I phrased it to DM in AIM just now: if we're analyzing STRATEGY, and saying, "oh, you should play it this way because all players at this limit are brain-damaged hamsters," then there's no point in analyzing the strategy. You're playing the player, plain and simple, it's the same as somebody posting a 2/4 AKs hand where you flop a flush and your two opponents are maniacs. There's just not much strategy there.