Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Re: 1-2.....tough spot against (preflop) maniac

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are missing a lot. Folding is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore me; I'm exhausted.

Are you talking about preflop? I'm ok with the preflop but I don't think it's great. I guess I just don't really have a lot of experience with this type of player. Fortunately, I play at a cardroom overflowing with passive as opposed to maniacal donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant on the turn.

I do like the preflop 3bet but it's close... mostly because we have a fair number of active players behind it. It really hurts when somebody else joins us in the fun.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you dont know how to handle a CR then consider checking behind the turn and calling a river bet when maniac bets 9 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly my thoughts.

put me in the fold pf camp. IMO a 27 hand read is not enough to make 3betting pf my preferred play. make the sample a bit bigger, like 100 hands and the play would be obvious. i say this because over 50 hand samples i've run 50/40 many a times. and i'm not a maniac...that much. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 PM

I am undecided on the pf 3-bet.

I like Niediam's 'turn value check' line. You may be right about Villain not having a Queen but he is probably thinking the same thing about you. LAGs usually aren't folding to our turn continuation bet and they are going to pop this so often, whether they have anything or not, that I would almost always check behind and call a river bet UI in this situation. The pot is fairly small and I am fine with keeping it that way when I have King high.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Niediam's 'turn value check' line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that.

The preflop may be close but I still don't like it. As played Niediam's line rocks.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 PM

I'm guessing you were in the CO. KT is pretty thin here. But if you have a tight image and a good sense that they'd fold behind you it might be worth a try.

2.5 AF isn't that maniacal postflop(be careful of mixing preflop appearance with postflop. Though you did seem to do that in the post title.). He seems to slow down a bit there. Then again, it's only 27 hands you have recorded on him(so take that with a grain of salt).

He c/r the turn he probably has you beat(not with trips). That or he turned a draw. Very unlikely he has a Q, as you say. The reason he may have you beat is he likely doesn't have as many hands on you, yet you don't come across as a spewer. So to him, it might look as if he's probably up against something legit.

You could call, then decide what to do on the river if he bets into you. Another idea is to 3 bet if you're planning on calling down anyways.(take free showdown, but may also fold out a small pair. This option is because he may very well slow down postflop. If he's a true hyper aggro, then I'd just look at calling)

I also tend to agree with checking behind on the turn.

b