Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Re: NL10 AQ with reraise on turn

I could also see something idiotic, like A7 or A4, being shown here. I don't have the data to back this up, but it just feels like I've always been shown a better hand in these situations. His play screams huge hand made on the flop -- he doesn't want to scare anyone away with a c-bet on the flop. Smooth calls the flop bet, checks one more time just to see if his opponent is strong, gets it, now sees the chance to get the money in. More I think about it, the more I fold. Calling and losing hands like this is the reason I too, am now a nit.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:05 PM

this also is a great situation that is mostly based on table judgment. how the player has been playing big hands. bluffing etc.
i do think a fold is totally acceptable in this spot also at lower limits
Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 PM

This is a push or fold. Calling isn't really an option because villain has $2.80 left and we can't fold the River. With 50BB already invested I think I have to push. I would bet less on the Turn though to avoid committing myself unless I was happy to get it in - I'd make it $2.30 or something like that.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:42 PM

I probably bet less on the turn as well so I can avoid committing myself to the hand. As played, you already have half of effective stacks in and top pair worse kicker is definitely in his range. Sure, you're beat a lot, but you only have to win 25% of the time.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I probably bet less on the turn as well so I can avoid committing myself to the hand. As played, you already have half of effective stacks in and top pair worse kicker is definitely in his range. Sure, you're beat a lot, but you only have to win 25% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is solid advice, I also don't think checking the turn is a horrible idea. If your opponent is likely to stack off with Ax then it might be alright to build the pot. But at 10nl people are so crazy that checking to induce a bluff often works quite a bit and it helps to control the pot size.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:16 PM

if you think he has worse hands here a lot of the time, i think i like c/r AI. it allows you to avoid tough spots like the one you are in, and i think he is betting that turn with a much wider range than he is calling. he also may have been floating you, or he may bet to "protect" his ace on a somewhat drawy board, thus commiting himself. does anyone else like this?