Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: An ATo hand

I'd just call down from here. I don't like folding because we might have the best hand. And I don't like raising because we might not have the best hand! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls.
Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP2 calls.
Turn: (7.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero ...?

[/ QUOTE ]
SB cold calling range with those stats into a pot that seems to be ending 4-5 ways is probably something like this: pocket pairs, higher end suited connectors, suited aces, AJo-AQo and maybe even broadway connectors. That range includes a K quite often but an ace as well.

I really can't fathom his donk. Ax clubs? Kx or 44 hoping aggro Hero raises? QJ clubs? I have a bad feeling but will call this down getting 9.5:2. Maybe we river a K or A to occasionally win or split.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:17 AM

grunching...

He seems to be quite tight preflop, given his stats. What could he be holding to call preflop OOP? I guess, given the size of pot before he called, he could have called with a quite a wide range of hands. TT+ and Broadways. QQ+ can be discounted, as we didn't see a re-raise. AK is likely.

Why did he bet out on the flop despite your raise preflop? and his donk on the turn signify he had you beaten. If he's not holding KT+, AJ+ would also have beaten you.

Prob a better play is to call the flop, and call down to showdown. Then make a note of his play here.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prob a better play is to call the flop, and call down to showdown. Then make a note of his play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that villain could easily have bet the flop with a weaker hand such as Ax or Kx. So, I think that raising the flop was better than calling. (Dont forget that I still had 2 other opponents.)

My flop raise was for value if I had the best hand, and faced button with having to call a double bet.

I think the decision is really whether to call down from the turn bet or fold.