Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007-2008 Pittsburgh Penguins Thread***

Fleury is pretty solid from the waist down but his upper body is terrible at reaction and rebound control. They're going to need to pick up a reasonable back up at some point this year. Do you really want Dany Sabourin towing the load? Also, Fleury has stretches like this and then he gets hot. Despite the fact this is his 4th year, he still is the youngest starting goalie in the league and his best years are ahead of him in my opinion. However, he's our best option now, and if/until we pick someone else up we have to ride him.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was getting ready to troll this thread with "Ovie> Crosby" but I saw you guys made no mention of him,aside from the picture in the OP. I'm dissapointed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Why isn't there trolling in NHL threads on 2p2? I say we change this, and therein make NHL threads on 2p2 legitimate. Let's reignite the rivalry between the Caps and the Pens.

Back at US Air arena when I used to go to 2 Caps games every other weekend there were always CROWD fights whenever Pitt. or NY came into the building. Also with Phil, but less often. Those fans were just douchebags.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Players and coaches from both sides can talk all they want about how Pittsburgh vs. Washington is about much more than Sid the Kid vs. Alexander the Great. The fans feel otherwise -- and so far the rivalry is as lopsided as they come.

Crosby set up the go-ahead goal on a power play, Ovechkin was held without a point for the first time this season, and Pittsburgh beat Washington 2-1 Saturday night. Crosby's Penguins have won eight of nine games against Ovechkin's Capitals since they entered the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

GG
Old 10-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Ovechkin's still better all-around. At least he's not some whining pussy who's despised by officials and other players for being a baby.

Brashear decked the hell out of Laraque too
Old 10-22-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ovechkin's still better all-around. At least he's not some whining pussy who's despised by officials and other players for being a baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

AO's a great player but I think Crosby is still at a higher level. Plus, SC (amazingly) continues to improve. He's incredible now...imagine what he'll be like when he's 25.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 PM

Loving the Crosby-Malkin-Sykora line. Definitely needed for a spark tonight. Solid effort by Sabourin as well.