Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Flush draw

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has 9 outs (for his flush) unless you have 1 or 2. So, if you have no clubs he has 9 outs or (9x4)-(9-8)= 35% (Thanks Dan Harrington [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ) to make his flush. So all you need are the correct pot odds to call his all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are ahead, you don't need to consider pot odds because worst pot odds you can be offered is 1:1 and when ahead, you call.

Also, villain can win by pairing his kicker and having it hold up so he has almost 3 more outs as well as the 9. But that wouldn't matter becaue you'd still be ahead and could call any size bet that you bankroll could handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize I'm nitpicking here, but just being ahead doesn't mean you should call at 1:1. Something like KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a big favorite against 22 on a T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop, even though the pair of dueces is currently winning the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize what you are saying but in your case, even though 22 would win if no more cards came, I consider KQ ahead.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might not be following this correctly but I believe you are saying he has Acxc and thus a nut flush draw and you have AKoff and the board is 4 5 Jc with two clubs.

If his x card is not a 4 or a 5, then he has 12 outs. You are ahead so feel free to call every time.

If his x card is a 4 or 5, then you have 2 outs (3 if you have Kc) with a non-club backdoor straight draw which is not very good at all.

This is a situation where you are slightly ahead or way behind. In these types of situations, you want to be pretty darn sure it's the slightly ahead one. 100% might be too much but you're in the right ball park.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can be pretty sure your ok because his x can only match the non club on the bord. arent two 5 of clubs in the same deck of cards.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He has 9 outs (for his flush) unless you have 1 or 2. So, if you have no clubs he has 9 outs or (9x4)-(9-8)= 35% (Thanks Dan Harrington [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ) to make his flush. So all you need are the correct pot odds to call his all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are ahead, you don't need to consider pot odds because worst pot odds you can be offered is 1:1 and when ahead, you call.

Also, villain can win by pairing his kicker and having it hold up so he has almost 3 more outs as well as the 9. But that wouldn't matter becaue you'd still be ahead and could call any size bet that you bankroll could handle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize I'm nitpicking here, but just being ahead doesn't mean you should call at 1:1. Something like KQ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a big favorite against 22 on a T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] flop, even though the pair of dueces is currently winning the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about equity, not who has the best made hand at them moment - that isn't a reliable indicator of anything.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:10 AM

no. he doesnt have a flush draw, and if he does, he has a stronger holding than you on the flop, s you should let it go.

Also, if everyone talking about pot odds is off, you're not calculating in than this is on the flop, so its basically a 50-50 call, a flip. Since, he could also be lying, he is the agressor, you have to lay it down.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:38 AM

thanks guy foe all the info. Like I said I made the call he was telling the truth..... Think he learned his lesson. Werid spot to b in but incase I ever run into this situation again, I will know the right play.