Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Marion Jones admits steriods use

Paging RedBean?

This is a huge blow, and even if it doesn't prove anything (as RedBean will of course remind us) it adds about 10 years of fuel to the Barry fire.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM

Default Re: Marion Jones admits steroids use

[ QUOTE ]
Hold on a second, she barely even has a gigantic head. I think its pretty clear she is lying about her admission. Steroids give people huge domes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's GH [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 07:10 PM

They should cut off her balls as punishment.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:41 PM

Steroids/HgH makes your skull and jaw expand, which spreads your teeth apart. Maybe that's why her grille is all messed up? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Look at the teeth of acromegalic Andre the Giant, Richard Kiel, and Sandy Allen.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paging RedBean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo....what's up?

[ QUOTE ]

This is a huge blow, and even if it doesn't prove anything

[/ QUOTE ]

You pretty much summed it up perfectly.

The angry mob views it as a "huge blow" against Bonds, despite it not proving anything. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

In reality, it shows Victor Conte has been telling the truth when he said over 3 years ago that he was supplying MJ with steroids prior to Sydney.

You'll read about that in every MJ story over the next few days....how this admission vindicates Conte and proves he was telling the truth.

What you won't read, however, is that Conte has also maintained that while he gave steroids to several athletes, including MJ.....he never gave any to Bonds.

You won't hear much about that tidbit, ya know, because it doesn't serve the media's goal in steering the angry mob. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Conte asserted that he gave two substances containing steroids, a clear liquid and a cream, to Greg Anderson, Bonds’ trainer, but that “There’s never been anything beyond that at any point ever.” (Anderson has pled not guilty to charges in the BALCO case and denies giving illegal substances to Bonds.)

The aptly named Bashir, however, wasn’t satisfied with that, and pressed Conte to speculate: “Do you think that Greg Anderson was providing the clear and the cream to some of these baseball players?” Conte replied, “He could have been. I have no specific knowledge of this. I didn’t say ‘Here’s clear. Go give this to Gary [Sheffield] or Here’s clear, go give this to Barry [Bonds].’”

The intrepid Bashir, refusing to take “no” for an answer, kept going, with questions so leading they would have made Perry Mason proud. Verbal finger wagging away, Bashir asked, “And who is Greg Anderson’s number one client?” Conte replied, somewhat sheepishly, “His number one client is Barry Bonds.” Bashir pressed, “So is it possible that some of the clear and cream that you gave, without any strings attached, that you gave to Greg Anderson may have found its way to Barry Bonds?” A slightly exasperated Conte replied, “It’s possible. I can’t say that it’s not possible.”

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Bonds told a U.S. grand jury that he used undetectable steroids known as "the cream" and "the clear," which he received from personal trainer Greg Anderson during the 2003 season. According to Bonds, the trainer told him the substances were the nutritional supplement flaxseed oil and a pain-relieving balm for the player's arthritis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep deluding yourself. When Greg Andersen eventually gets out of jail and runs out of money I'm sure we'll see the tell all book. What will your excuse be then?
Old 10-06-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus christ she looks like a man

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, is their really much doubt that the vast majority of these female sprinters are current or former users of massive quantities of test or its analogs?

J
Old 10-06-2007, 12:32 AM

I would be willing to lay 10-1 that over 50% of the field and 80% of the top 3 in these things are using some type of illegal PED.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Keep deluding yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, if you think a female track athlete admitting steroid use has any bearing on whether or not Barry Bonds violated the MLB steroid policy....it just might be you that is deluding yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

The indisputable fact is that Barry Bonds has not violated the MLB steroid policy.

Marion Jones' admission of steroid use prior to the Sydney Olympics does not change this fact.

To assert otherwise is....by definition...delusional.

[ QUOTE ]

When Greg Andersen eventually gets out of jail and runs out of money I'm sure we'll see the tell all book. What will your excuse be then?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're pointing to potential future testimony that doesn't exist, and speculating definitively on its content to support your assertion, and then asking for my reaction to this evidence that doesn't even exist.

Yikes...

Kinda reminds me of discussions I had over 4 years ago when people said "When they start testing for steroids in 2003 and Bonds tests positive, what's your excuse then?"

Oops!
Old 10-06-2007, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The indisputable fact is that Barry Bonds TOOK STEROIDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Well, I guess it's indisputable if you've read Game of Shadows or been paying any attention at all.