FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: player deliberately disconnecting himself on pokerstars

This is funny. FIsh Fight back.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If a player asks me to stop following them I do.
I understand this is about money and you are within your rights to follow the guy, but following a person to the extent they are taking action seems like bad karma to me.
Stars did the right thing, but, when following turns into
stalking ya gota ask yourself if the extra money you are making is worth the cost to your soul. IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I would even argue that a site should not allow stalking by providing a "handshake" before the game starts. If you are registered and don't want to play someone, then you just refuse the game and he gets the registration.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would result in a long list of registered players waiting for games. Also note that some games only offer the 1 game until it fills, so this would have to be changed as well. Doesn't seem too good for business either (from the site's perspective).
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand this is about money and you are within your rights to follow the guy, but following a person to the extent they are taking action seems like bad karma to me.
stalking ya gota ask yourself if the extra money you are making is worth the cost to your soul. IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I would even argue that a site should not allow stalking by providing a "handshake" before the game starts. If you are registered and don't want to play someone, then you just refuse the game and he gets the registration.

[/ QUOTE ]
This would result in a long list of registered players waiting for games. Also note that some games only offer the 1 game until it fills, so this would have to be changed as well. Doesn't seem too good for business either (from the site's perspective).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure far less than 1% of games would be refused by the player who registered first, so there would be almost no negative impact on the site's bottom line. Games would be refused only to prevent instances of stalking as described by OP. And online poker sites should be as good or better than B&M sites. They do a tremendous job of this overall. But only online can you be forced to repeatedly play someone heads up for 30+ minutes at a time who you do not wish to play.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure far less than 1% of games would be refused by the player who registered first, so there would be almost no negative impact on the site's bottom line. Games would be refused only to prevent instances of stalking as described by OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. Far less than 1% of games? I think you are WAY off. Unless we are talking about really low stakes (and even then it'd be higher than you're suggesting). Once you get to where people are actually trying to make money, games would be declined quite often. Ever heard of SharkScope? It's pretty commonly used these days, and there are quite a few people who would simply never play against another winning player.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure far less than 1% of games would be refused by the player who registered first, so there would be almost no negative impact on the site's bottom line. Games would be refused only to prevent instances of stalking as described by OP.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. Far less than 1% of games? I think you are WAY off. Unless we are talking about really low stakes (and even then it'd be higher than you're suggesting). Once you get to where people are actually trying to make money, games would be declined quite often. Ever heard of SharkScope? It's pretty commonly used these days, and there are quite a few people who would simply never play against another winning player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. Remember today there is effectively 0% of games refused (at least at Stars), since it is not an option. But still plenty of games go off. Also Stars is to their credit basically eliminating Sharkscoping of its players. You may even get more games since players may currently not be the first to register for games out of fear of stalkers like the OP. Only way to know for sure is to implement it and see. Doesn't Absolute HU SNGs allow the registered player to refuse a game? If so I wonder what their experience has been?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nah. Remember today there is effectively 0% of games refused (at least at Stars), since it is not an option. But still plenty of games go off.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Did you think at all before you wrote that? lololol

So people can't decline games now... and you think that because games go now, when they CAN'T decline and have to play whoever signs up, good or bad, more games will go when they CAN decline?

You're right that SharkScope is used less these days, but there are other ways to tell if your opponent has an idea of how to play.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah. Remember today there is effectively 0% of games refused (at least at Stars), since it is not an option. But still plenty of games go off.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Did you think at all before you wrote that? lololol

So people can't decline games now... and you think that because games go now, when they CAN'T decline and have to play whoever signs up, good or bad, more games will go when they CAN decline?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop lol'ing at my posts or I'll stop responding to yours. So you think that all of the people who just play whoever joins their game now will all of a sudden become super-selective and refuse a bunch of games? Not gonna happen. Will almost exclusively be used to prevent stalking. Also, people who may not register first now because of game selection will register first with the right of refusal, so more games may actually get started. And in the plan I describe the player who refuses loses his registration so another game will go off quickly.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But only online can you be forced to repeatedly play someone heads up for 30+ minutes at a time who you do not wish to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is being forced to repeatedly play anyone.

DUCY?
Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But only online can you be forced to repeatedly play someone heads up for 30+ minutes at a time who you do not wish to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is being forced to repeatedly play anyone.

DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I DNCY. But if I must indulge your point, let me rephrase by saying " ... only online can someone who enjoys playing heads-up SNGs, without game-selecting by waiting for another player to register first be forced to ..."
Old 10-04-2007, 04:53 PM

Great Job OP! One Less fish in the player pool.

Act Professional.