Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 44 from SB vs loose button raiser

[ QUOTE ]
Surely check/ call?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think he has? 88/TT? if he has it, well good for him..but he is not gonna have it most of the time.

I actually like a donk here because you are gonna be able to b/3b quite often... D'oh, you didn't 3bet? Then donk turn.. I don't like it as you'll likely make less $$ with this line most of the time when CO folds and BTN just calls.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:11 AM

preflop 6 handed fold or reraise with 44 don't call even from the sb, if it's the button who raised I usually 3 bet raise hoping to fold limpers which is unlikely but possible, but has the added benefit of hiding your potential monster.

as played a check raise on the flop works much better here.

cap kinda sucks on the turn.

Not sure a donk makes a lot of sense on the river. I guess I understand if you plan on bet/folding but for 20bb in the pot, I don't think I can do that.

I don't want to go to cap and not sure calling a reraise is the greatest as he has two ways to beat you that are likely

Pocket 10's or AK clubs. Obviously he doesn't have AK clubs but we didn't know that. Pocket 10's is a reasonable guess as to what he could have that makes sense on all streets.

I think a check on the river gave you a chance for going to showdown without the river being bet.

I am still not sure what is the better concept to play with on this hand, saving bets or getting more value.

At any rate it plays much differently if you raised preflop to isolate or check/raised the flop as per your opportunity.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:42 AM

The flop donk might be ok because Button might well check if he has overcards in a 5-handed pot. But as for the rest, do what everyone else has said.

The point about out-of-tempo plays is that while they may be more deceptive, they're rarely the most +EV line in a multiway pot.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Fold or 3bet preflop? Folding is just bad. You have a pocket pair in a multiway pot and you are getting fair odds. SSH actually says we can call a raise in the SB with any pair when there are only two others in the pot. 3betting is just bloating the pot. Rasing will NEVER got the hand HU and won't even get it three handed very often. If it would get us headsup a significant amount of the time this would definately be good though. But it just won't.

Leading the flop with the hope of raising the button is much better than checkraising. First problem is that we don't know how often button is going to bet. We know that he apparently raises light but we don't know if he is going to make a continuation bet with hands like AT. It's a mini-disaster if no money is put in this flop. We have a monster. It's certainly worth mentioning though that the pot is big and we would like to protect it. However, there are not many hands that we are worried about (only gutshots and higher pocket pairs). If button raises we get to 3bet with out monsters which is great. And I'm fine if somebody wants to but in three small bets with a gutshot.

Basically the only time checkraising is better is when villian has a hand that he would bet with but not raise with and one of the people between us has a gutshot.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:47 AM

LOL @ "fold or 3-bet preflop"

I dunno which is worse folding or 3-betting. But calling is by far the best and only play preflop. Lol folding....

@ OP.

Preflop fine

Flop. Bet/3-bet

Turn bet/3-bet as played c/r.

You want to jam your monsters on the flop hoping you get action on BOTH flop and turn. If you dont jam the flop this wont happen.

Dont slowplay monsters. kthxbye