Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: 100 NL - How should i react to this minraise?

[ QUOTE ]
On the flop I would pop it to either $48 or $52 and call a shove (I do this like 85% of the time and call like 15%).

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you make your decisions in these spots? What do you use more? Hand strength or read? I think this is very close.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Just call the flop, shoving is silly because we're coinflipping and we have no FE. People who min/CR usually intend to go the distance with their hands, so I doubt shoving will ever fold him out on the flop.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:49 PM

Call flop in position, check behind on the turn
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just call the flop, shoving is silly because we're coinflipping and we have no FE. People who min/CR usually intend to go the distance with their hands, so I doubt shoving will ever fold him out on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, I don't buy that a min c/r means that they are usually willing to go the distance. In this case, I think there is a good chance that the villian is letting us know he hit the top pair and isn't scared of our c-bet.

Second, to those of you who favor a call on the flop as opposed to a shove or a large raise, put yourself in the villian's shoes.

Pretend you have KJ or KQ--very likely holdings. Wouldn't you fold to a huge raise?

I agree that we are probably flipping a coin if the money all goes in and that is exactly the reason we want to take this pot now. By making a huge move, the odds are greater that we avoid confrontation from a mediocore hand.

I hate a call here because when a likely blank falls on the turn, our pot equity has decreased dramtically and the villian believes that he is in the driver's seat. If the third club falls, alarms start going off and he is very likely going to slow down.

If we aren't comfortable with shoving, then fine, but there is no way I'm going to let the villian believe that he has any business betting on the turn. At the very least, I'm going to get to see river before he knows he's ahead.

We've got enough outs. Let's put some pressure on the other guy.