Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: to all the top dogs here(Boz,,etc..),about a quote from mason!

[ QUOTE ]
well then everyone is playing loose and i dont think mason met that?

rather met play loose vs anykind of player(tight and loose) and learn when to fold and when not too?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm wrong, but doing this against tight players won't lead to marginal spots, it will lead to obviously -EV spots that probably won't help you.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:16 AM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well then everyone is playing loose and i dont think mason met that?

rather met play loose vs anykind of player(tight and loose) and learn when to fold and when not too?

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm wrong, but doing this against tight players won't lead to marginal spots, it will lead to obviously -EV spots that probably won't help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you're not wrong, just using bad table selection. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But if you are on a table that has a lot of loose players, you will learn the +ev spots with looser play. Simply playing better than your opponents will earn more than nut peddling.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:18 PM

bozlax ,i am so sorry next time i ll will give u one

as for this post:

i start playing short-handed as someone suggested!

wow,so much more hands

i think,to play loose, it s very dependant on the read of players then it is to play tight on full ring!

what i love about short-handed is that it forced me out of my way of being a bit weak tight!

moreover,to be succesfull i think in short-handed,u need to know when and vs who to make moves and stop being afraid of facing AA,KK etc...

i really like it,hoping after couple of weeks of play in those very low-limit,i shall get better.
By playing so much more hands,to be able to aply and recognize spots where i can make move or knowing when to fold with "thin" hands.

After my little experince ,wich is going very well(funny but i find it so much easier to make money 6 handed,maybe its just a lucky pass....dunno),i think to play loose, the best place to start learning is in short-handed and not trying playing loose in full ring?

i think,at the stage of developement im at,i needed to make a switch at those short-handed table.
What i was lacking for skills:
-stop being a bit weak tight
-learn to read your opponent better and faster
-give more attention to the flow of the game
-recognize when bluffing is the right move in this situation and most of all...when calling a bluff with a pair of 3 is the time for it...
-stop being afraid of the adversary to always have the nuts or close to it,etc..)

in short-handed,since u most play much more hands,u have to face difficult decision(raise,reraise,etc..) and recognize when someone push too far,well thats what i seem to learn anyway,maybe gona be usefull when facing full ring with tight agressif players?

any thoughts?

ty
ps: yeah i forgot,image is probably more importabt there as well!