Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: $110+9 JJ in BB, Level 1

I think it's close. The 4x w/ the flat caller made a really nice pot though so it's pretty hard for me to get away from. Like you said, it's pretty range dependent so w/out a read I'm getting 'em in.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:18 AM

I'm with Rex and darin here - squeezing readless. Not happy about pushing, but these substandard (bigger) PF raises means medium PP a lot from my experience.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:19 AM

Please don't fold. Two unknowns.
Little John your range for the CO is really wrong, you think an unknown is flatting JJ/QQ AK. He is calling 55 but folding 22. Shoving is fine calling is fine. Folding is really bad until one of the guys proves he is decent.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't fold. Two unknowns.
Little John your range for the CO is really wrong, you think an unknown is flatting JJ/QQ AK. He is calling 55 but folding 22. Shoving is fine calling is fine. Folding is really bad until one of the guys proves he is decent.

[/ QUOTE ]

unknowns seem to flat QQ AK a decent amount of the time. they obviously flat hands like AQo AJs 99 a lot more. i even flat AK sometimes at L3.

anyway, in order for me to take QQ out of co's range i also need to take AKs out as well, and when i do that pushing is neutral.

one thing i did not really consider is the sngwiz model (and the ranges i gave these guys) assumes they play decent (i.e. open/flat reasonable hands and only call shoves with JJ+ AK). so if you like the updated ranges (with QQ AKs not in co's range), then pushing should be > neutral because an unknown will make a mistake and call with 88-TT or worse once in awhile. so pushing should be good.

concerning the ranges for sngwiz, it is all preset percentages and you cannot add/subtract hands. so for co, i gave him top 10.1%, excluding AA/KK. if i want to add 22 to the range, i need to give him 22.5% of hands which would inlcude A3o A2s, and that would obviously be crazy. i've written support at sngwiz and they will not make a change to their software.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 PM

Thanks for the discussion. I actually folded here. I think I give too much credit too players I don't know at these levels, ie I asssume that if they are playing at 109 they must realize how strong there hand must be to open from early position early in a SNG.

And yes clearly given the blinds, it was not the 5th hand or so in the SNG as I indicated. My mistake. I did not have any reads and my filter and HUD was such that I did not have enough hands to show their stats.

Thanks again.