Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: Taj Mahal 1-2 (flop trips) did i think right

You're a favorite vs his range. Call the push.

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

59 games 0.032 secs 1,843 games/sec

Board: Js Th Tc 3d Qh
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 60.169% 57.63% 02.54% 34 1.50 { KdTd }
Hand 1: 39.831% 37.29% 02.54% 22 1.50 { AA, QQ-JJ, 33, ATs, KTs, QTs, JTs, T2s+, ATo, KTo, QTo, JTo, T2o+ }
Old 10-01-2007, 10:25 AM

dear christ if u folded this vs. someone at Taj 1/2 just stop playing poker if u call ur slowplaying if u shove its for value when he bets river u shove for value theres not alot to discuss here easy pot nh sir next time buy in for full 300 cuz this game and these players are awful
Old 10-01-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dear christ if u folded this vs. someone at Taj 1/2 just stop playing poker if u call ur slowplaying if u shove its for value when he bets river u shove for value theres not alot to discuss here easy pot nh sir next time buy in for full 300 cuz this game and these players are awful

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for saying everything I was thinking. If you can't afford to buy in for max and are scared to lose a buy in you should go play 2/4 limit. This is an easy all in situation because you are ahead way more often then you are behind plus you basically put in half of your stack vs the donkey on the turn as it is. Also, you need to remember you have no image at the TAJ 1/2 NL games, nobody cares that you have been playing tight as most of the people there have been drinking, want to gamble, and at the very least are getting to the river with their respective flush draw or top pair 4 kicker in a reraised pot. If you understand this and take advantage when you do hit a hand, you will be a winner.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can't afford to buy in for max and are scared to lose a buy in you should go play 2/4 limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry if I derail the thread a bit (well not really, 'cause imo there's not much left to say).

This is a very common misconception about LHE vs NL, that because of the limit in bet sizes you're somehow decreasing the risk. The truth is that limit has a much bigger swings than NL (unless you play like a maniac) and you have much less control over your wins/losses. So very often you'll find yourself in a situation where you'll just have to pay people off because of various considerations. And you'll often have to play marginal hands really hard with little hope of any fold equity. You can't just sit around and wait for the nuts.

You just gotta ride out the variance and hope that in the end you you make enough +EV decisions to give you a good profit.

[/derail]

The right response to OP would be "If you can't afford to buy in for max and are scared to lose a buy in you should go play lower stakes (online obv. since 1/2 is the lowest live)
Old 10-02-2007, 02:08 AM

ok ty everyone admins can lock this