Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Thinking is part of reality

[ QUOTE ]

The point I am trying to make is that there is nothing that we know that does not contain our thoughts. This means that there is not a reality separate from our thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This view is called idealism, and Berkeley is probably its most famous proponent.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All that exists IS energy.

Everything we "see" is an illusion. There is nothing inherently wrong with illusions, so long as we are not fooled into thinking they are "real".

Everything is made up of one invisible energy. This energy has always existed and always will. It can't be destroyed nor created. Since we have learned to manipulate its "form" (vibration, frequency) mankind has forgotten what is real and now depends on that which is fake.

There are infinite degrees of vibration and frequency. The "poles" are LOVE and HATE.

Love is truth because it unites us as one. Hate is death because it separates us from being one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've been reading about "The Secret" too much.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 AM

if going to the restroom to piss is a reality, doesn't the thought of going piss precede the reality of it happening?

The lag between thought and manifestation...

"I have to piss"
"I'm going to go piss"
"I'm pissing"
"I pissed"
Old 09-29-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All that exists IS energy.

Everything we "see" is an illusion. There is nothing inherently wrong with illusions, so long as we are not fooled into thinking they are "real".

Everything is made up of one invisible energy. This energy has always existed and always will. It can't be destroyed nor created. Since we have learned to manipulate its "form" (vibration, frequency) mankind has forgotten what is real and now depends on that which is fake.

There are infinite degrees of vibration and frequency. The "poles" are LOVE and HATE.

Love is truth because it unites us as one. Hate is death because it separates us from being one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you've been reading about "The Secret" too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what books you read on the subject of reality they all point in the same direction...They change facts around info around and use different words to make it seem new so they can keep selling the same things as "new" over and over again.

Remember how the earth was once "flat" and idea of it being round was insane?
Old 09-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Opening the door to the restroom also precedes you taking a piss, it doesn't make it an illusion.

Your mind is your body and what affects it. The mind and body are not separate entities - all that stuff are just old philosophical myths which are long since outdated. A thought is real thing - a set of incredibly complex chemical and electronical signals. And the worst part is that some people seem to think that makes it less wondrous.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your mind is your body and what affects it. The mind and body are not separate entities - all that stuff are just old philosophical myths which are long since outdated. A thought is real thing - a set of incredibly complex chemical and electronical signals. And the worst part is that some people seem to think that makes it less wondrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truth.
Old 09-29-2007, 05:52 AM

Say somebody hates themselves because they're ugly. They don't like to look at themselves in the mirror. They'd like to change something about themselves but fundamentally they know that won't really solve the problem at it's root. So instead of getting a boob job, they ignore the problem. When they look in the mirror, they don't look plainly at themselves and accept their looks for what they are. They sidewind around it. Maybe tell themselves oh i'm not that bad looking, you know so they make themselves feel better rather than accepting the harsh truth that they are in fact butt fugly.

This is how delusion/ignore-ance spawns. Take an 'innocent' child... he/she, so long as they aren't retarded, will be very reflexive (shout out OP) and responsive to their environment because, for the sake of the example, they aren't concerned with their looks/aren't vain and are 'prior' to the type of thinking that ensnares the mind in inconsequential worrying. Because their minds aren't caught up in ignorance because they haven't 'originally sinned' seen that they are naked, gotten embarrassed, they act 'godlike', free and thus are creative because their energy isn't blocked by depression/repression.

Delusion is thinking that is out of line with reality. If a person looks in the mirror and thinks i'm ugly, that's true because you had that thought. Something registers in your brain that tells you in comparison to all the other 'beautiful' people you see that your looks are worse you're a 6 they're a nine or whatever. That's the truth if you're being honest, that's the reality of situation. BUT, does the fact that in comparison with others, you aren't externally good-looking as them have anything to do with your capabilities in say a marketing job, or your poker game etc. No, but if your thinking about how you are ugly becomes self-defeating rather than just a harsh matter of fact that you belaboringly accept and out of necessity constantly transcend until you reach a peace of mind about it then you'll continue to wallow in the garbage of superfisciality/gossip and your intention in life will be skewed towards outward beauty rather than, well, basic responsiveness or the natural ready state-of-mind that is basic consciousness when the mind isn't busy thinking, whether delusive thoughts or reality based thoughts.

And that brings up the last point. Delusion and reality are both part of reality. If you think a delusive thought, is that not reality? Of course it is. But it's similar to eating crap food or healthy food, there's a difference in quality. What does that quality lend itself to? Enriching your body with nutrition that helps rather than hurts the body's natural functions. You don't need to do anything to understand reality as it is... but there's a lot of things you can do to fk up the most simple of things.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM

You don't see too many children who are ugly even ones with defect. They glow, and I think it has allot to do with them resonating pure love. By resonating pure love they are godlike.

Look at the little league world series. These kids are stone cold professionals. They are better then pros! They are into it out of love for the game. Money does not exist to them yet.

We go from pure love at birth, to losing our love little by little until finally our "body" "dies" and we return home to pure love, aka heaven. The full circle that never ends only changes.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Truth is a representation that we create in our mind indicating what reality really is.

[/ QUOTE ]
This does not necessitate thought not also being "reality".

Could you give an example of this faulty thinking you describe leading to an erroneous conclusion? Then maybe we'd get a better sense of what you're actually saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we do not comprehend that our perception of truth is permeated with our process of conception and perception we fail to recognize how influential our biases are.

If I am convinced that the facts dictate that Joe killed Jim and I fail to recognize that Joe is a black man and I am a racist and that racism distorts my facts then I will, as a jury member, condemn Joe based not upon an objective analysis but on a very subjective analysis. Because our facts are highly influenced by subjective matters not recognizing this we will often seriously distort our judgments.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Coberst,

You made a mistake in just accepting Descartes' quote.

What he said is not logical.. his statement assumes that there is an "I" thinking, and then he uses thinking as his proof, whereas the only logical thing he has established is that there is thinking, but not that there is an agent doing it!