Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: Where to find fine XXL tees?

Is there a Big and Tall in LA?

I used to buy my socks there. I wear 2EE (big feet, small body). They were pretty expensive, but the quality was top notch.

Google helps as well:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&amp...ear=Los+Angeles,+CA&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_ group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 PM

Avoid Casual male. They sell complete crap. Unless you find a good sale or something, think of their clothing as disposable.
Old 09-29-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, so I did a bunch of google searching and rl searching too. Whenever I go shopping in stores I am either an XL or XXL no one sells XXLs. I really like Calvin Klein tees, but they do not make a XXL size. Does anyone know of comparable brands that make XXL tees. I am 6 3 and 225 pounds and I really have trouble finding clothes that fit. Yea I could lose some weight but in the mean time I need clothes that actually fit.

Please, if you are big and/or tall, where do you buy fine t-shirts (not crappy ones).

I appreciate it.

I live in LA.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was about golf tees. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, I'm 6 foot tall, about 185 pounds and not all that broad shouldered yet I find conventional extra large T-shirts to be far too small after washing several times. So for regular white T-shirts for wearing underneath a dress shirt I try to get name brand XX-Large; I think the last batch was from Target.

For mail order I checked Lands' End a moment ago and saw some tall sizes in XXL for about $12. My experience with Lands' End is their sizes in things like sweaters and sweats run big and remain close to their original size after washing. Their clothes wear well too. A word of caution though, this was before Sears bought the company [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

But if you are a real big guy and want nice quality and baggy T's I'd find where the "urban youth" go; i.e., some sort of "urban outfitters" type place. From what I've noticed of the "urban youth" is they are really into very large, baggy and extra long sizes in pure white. You could probably tuck in all sorts of stuff (like your iPod) into your pants waistband and not leave any unsightly bulges.

The world would be much improved if middle aged types with a beer belly turned to this style.

Hope this helps.

~ Rick
Old 09-29-2007, 04:06 PM

Yeah, I regularly get shirts that shrink drastically after a washing or at least two or three -- and I wash in cold water and take them out of the dryer immediately! So I have resigned myself to buying oversized casual stuff these days. Just got a nice shirt, plenty roomy too, the other day that became my new favorite shirt and within a month it was unwearable. Grrr!

Thanks for the tips all. I find it hard to see myself in punk gangsta t-shirts; I'd laugh even if nobody else did. But maybe that Lands End would be worth a try at some point.
Old 09-29-2007, 04:51 PM

if you want to spend a little more, check out upperplayground.com. all of theirs are offered in xxl, i think, at least there were a lot in stock in the store. pretty cool shirts, too.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For mail order I checked Lands' End a moment ago and saw some tall sizes in XXL for about $12.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, the tall sizes are $17.50 ($15 if you buy 3 or more). I do appreciate the info, as there is a Sears near us and I will definitely be going to check these out.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im talking about plain, solid color, good quality tees.
please stop making fun of my fatness

[/ QUOTE ]

u could go to any urbanwear/hip hop clothing store , they have ton of XXL tees ...thats where i get mine from
Old 09-30-2007, 03:21 AM

Causal male is ok only if you go online. All the [censored] they sell in B+M stores sucks ass.

Online they have Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Izod, Nautica.

Also too its not that hard to find 2xl shirts.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:28 PM

If you don't want your 100% cotton teeshirts to shrink, hang them to dry. Do it 2 or 3 days in advance to make sure they're dry when you need them. Or, look for 50% cotton/50% polyester, they won't shrink as much in the dryer.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:30 PM

Oh god, when I first read the topic, I thought it said "XXL teens". I was prepared to start wretching, but I see that's not the case.