Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: 200 NL - 8Ts turn play

Bet a little more on flop and check raise the [censored] out of that turn
Old 09-26-2007, 12:12 AM

fwiw I think cr is a huge error on the turn. You miss the chance to win against tons of marginal hands that check behind and put your stack in against monsters, in the hope that he'll fold AQ/J, hands that he probably doesn't have since he would have reraised preflop.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw I think cr is a huge error on the turn. You miss the chance to win against tons of marginal hands that check behind and put your stack in against monsters, in the hope that he'll fold AQ/J, hands that he probably doesn't have since he would have reraised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude he is floating all the time and will fold any ace
Old 09-26-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude he is floating all the time and will fold any ace

[/ QUOTE ]

I expect he will check most aces behind, as he typically doesn't have the big ones. I don't see people floating with no outs a lot here, but even if he does we win with a turn bet. Yes we win 28 or w/e against a float but we put in a whole stack if he has a solid hand. And we loose the option of forcing him off weak aces with a 3-barrel.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I expect he will check most aces behind, as he typically doesn't have the big ones. I don't see people floating with no outs a lot here, but even if he does we win with a turn bet. Yes we win 28 or w/e against a float but we put in a whole stack if he has a solid hand. And we loose the option of forcing him off weak aces with a 3-barrel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jam I understand what youre saying and im starting to agree. However if you know the guy is floating a large % of the time then c/r is good. I have a couple of opponents who Id rather c/r here to keep them at bay from floating me all the time. Also, if we 3 barrel do you prefer a shove (Overbet) or just a valuish looking 80% PSB?
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jam I understand what youre saying and im starting to agree. However if you know the guy is floating a large % of the time then c/r is good. I have a couple of opponents who Id rather c/r here to keep them at bay from floating me all the time. Also, if we 3 barrel do you prefer a shove (Overbet) or just a valuish looking 80% PSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

this assumes that villain is betting the turn w/Ax here, which i agree w/Jamougha, that he prob doesn't.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 AM

I agree with Jam.

C/R turn is really bad because he's checking behind weak aces and kings almost always, but can fold if we keep firing.

And people don't float with complete air on A-K-x flops all that often, it's just not a good play in general.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:41 AM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

The turn c/r is very opponent specific. No doubt doing it with no history/reads is spew.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:45 AM

Why is floating this flop a terrible play in a CO/BTN situation? Whats he gonna do on the turn with Kx, c/f most likely. If he has a decent A he fires again and maybe c/c with A/small. Does the K make that much difference because Im certainly floating a A74 flop a lot IP. People dont think about your range down here, they just think zomg, he called my flop bet with an A so Ill cf my whatever.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 AM

Even if we need to cr sometimes to keep the guy in line I would prefer to cr with total air and fold to a shove than with the fd, due to stack sizes. We either crai, which is a big overbet, or cr/fold to a shove which turns our draw into nothing.