FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Stage thinking - two pair flop on suited board

he has aces
Old 09-25-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barry,

Always enjoy your advice. Am a huge Kubrick fan, btw, and that's like the only movie I haven't seen.

Anyway, you hit the nail on the head with your comment "what was I hoping calls on the river...." That's exactly what went through my head after the hand was over. However, even if you check (I'm noting your check/call option) can anyone reasonably get away from the hand?

My problem in the hand, I think, was playing too quickly and not considering all the possibilities, but I feel like that allows for MUB thinking and I don't want to use this hand as my standard for folding down the road because I think under most circumstances, the bets on the flop and turn are good plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. You need to see Barry Lyndon. Not to sound like a condescending film prick, but take it from someone who didn't see this film until last year, you're appreciation for Kubrick is vastly incomplete until you see this film. Having said that, I'm a huge Kubrick fan as well and haven't seen Space Odyssey yet. So, I'm a donk.

You can check the river and re-evaluate. If he pushes, I think you find a fold. But, if he's all hemming and hawing, maybe he does something donkish and gives you a break.

Barry
Old 09-25-2007, 11:31 PM

Barry,

I film buddy of mine's favorite film is Barry Lyndon, so I'm going to have to get to it. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

In regards to the hand, I just feel like my analysis was incomplete in a way that felt stupid, I guess. Very quickly, I eliminated the flush and KK and QQ. And I didn't think it was possible he had a 2. That left one hand that could beat me. Really, does anyone NOT feel stupid when somebody flips over aces and they come to the sudden realization they were second best? I know it happens. I wasn't mad. I just like to be as sharp as I can and I felt like I didn't take my time.