Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 6/12 live, huge pot, this is what I did with my set.

Big street aggression does us little good in a multiway capped flop where AA, QQ, KJ, or J9 has us by the shorthairs.

I see your point, but my experience is with 3/6, and at that level anyone who'd go along for the PF cap ain't folding their Kx or Jx gutter for one raise with a pot this big. Ever. In fact, I don't think we're shaking AQ or AT (not that we want to.) I could be wrong, of course, and ours could be the best hand. But I hate the thought of betting for others with a higher set or a made straight here.

That's a pretty scary flop for our set, and the turn just opens us up for more heartache. I just have a hunch that that flop + that PF action = Broadway, or a Q hi straight.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:12 PM

PF: If it's the maniac I think you're talking about (his name is Art, he wears sunglasses, is probably 40ish and has an accept that is hard to place), your pf 4 bet is EASILY profitable. Usually I just call that 3 bet, but against art i'm going to cap. As for the BB calling two cold and then capping....he could have ANYTHING. I've seen people do that with 67o because "it was gonna get capped anyway, and this way I can confuse them a bit"

Flop: Bet and raise like there is no tomorrow.

Turn: I like one last raise here actually. If he plays back at you again, just call down.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:09 PM

I guess I though a turn raise was spewy because I didn't do it. On the other hand by posting this, I guess I wasn't sure. More to come.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:15 PM

BBB, I think you play a lot on-line. You really think that in a live game, even one that's lag preflop, I'm not behind on the turn when the BB 3-bets me on the flop after losts of callers?

My thoughts at the time were that I was behind to KJ on the turn needing to pair the board and wanted the multiple overcallers behind me in case I hit on the river. My rationale on putting him on KJ, and not the AA or QQ, was because of his action preflop.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:16 PM

see my reply to BBB.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 PM

when i have at set its damn the torpedos, full speed ahead...

say, can anyone spare a buck for a cup of coffee?
Old 09-24-2007, 06:24 PM

Frond,
I didn't have much on the BB, except he didn't simply limp reraise, remember he cold-called a 3-bet, then capped my 4-bet. I just did not see why anyone would do that with a big pair. Sure the simple limp reraise with AA KK QQ, like I posted a couple of weeks ago, but my modest experience told me that this was one of these, "there are so many callers and the pot is so big that I will cap because my suited connector (or possibly baby pocket pair) could win a really big pot." Given that and my already having the TT, I put KJs as a big part of his range.

So, after the flop 4-bet I was afraid that I was already behind, but still had a good draw and wanted the over callers.

Does anyone think that keeping the overcallers in on the turn is worth something? Nobody has mentioned it, yet.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:26 PM

KCK-
See my response to Frond. Are the turn overcallers worth keeping in? Don't I have more chance to hit my full house, then they have to hit their gut shots. Remember the 8 fell on the turn.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:31 PM

Jesse,
I think I know who Art is (Filipino guy?), and this wasn't that guy. It was actually someone that I'd never seen before, and the fact that some of the regulars kept talking about how maniacal he'd been before I arrived leads me to believe that they hadn't played with him either.

I agree with the concept that calling the two cold, then capping smelled like one of those gambling hands hoping for the straight/flush.

Turn: see my other replies.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
say, can anyone spare a buck for a cup of coffee?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. I must be too old...