Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Improving my blindplay at 3/6

[ QUOTE ]
3. Hand 3, i check behind. You semi-bluff raised to get an extra bet out of him if you hit/maybe make him fold on the turn/check behind since you'll probably be losing on the river. Betting here is not going to make him fold most likely since that card isn't that scary unless he really thinks you went nuts and tried to steal with 74 or 42. He'll likely call

[/ QUOTE ]

im not trying to represent some random garbage that contains a 7, 4 or 2. im representing specifically that turned 9 which is in a lot of stealing hands. odds are 1-8.5 which means it has to work only 10.5% and i think it will a whole lot more (~20% at least id say). and in this case it did work.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:37 PM

1: Fine. I would rather a flop c/r for the reasons other posters outlined. You induce a weak calldown by A-high.

2: I bet the river. You have the nuts.

3: Looks fine.

4: I'm not folding. I'm probably 3-betting here for initiative plus you'll have the best hand a decent amount of time here.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:53 PM

on hand 1, I dont know that it's as clear of a checkraise as it is being made out to be. While most tags will call down this board with A-hi, they'll keep bluffing it as well. OP's line wins more than checkraise-lead-lead vs A hi.

With that said, I think this is a bad card to pull the turn raise on. It looks like a semibluff and lots of aces and pocket pairs will call here and call a blank river. Also, you're now getting called by any club and any piece of that straight draw, so your folding equity is much lower than if the turn had been something like the 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Old 03-02-2006, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on hand 1, I dont know that it's as clear of a checkraise as it is being made out to be. While most tags will call down this board with A-hi, they'll keep bluffing it as well. OP's line wins more than checkraise-lead-lead vs A hi

[/ QUOTE ]

But a TAG won't bet the river with A-high, so when we c/r the flop and bet every street we win 1.5 BB more than if we call down.

Now that I think about it I'm not so crazy about OPs line in hand 1. The turn c/r looks like a semibluff so it could get called down but more often than not I think a TAG might fold a worse hand and only call down with a better one. Plus you don't know if he's taking a free card with a club or not.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:04 PM

If you were villain in hand 1 and had AT[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], how would you respond to hero's turn checkraise?

how much merit does folding a six outer have here?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:05 PM

an alternate line could be the classic:

call, call, donk.

this one wins less when ahead and loses less when behind.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:16 PM

I like the WA/WB here too. Folding out a 6 outer is great on this board but if he has something like A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then our equity isnt that great anyway plus he might choose to take a freebee on the turn which is why I'd just prefer to take the lead with this hand on the flop and make sure a bet goes in on the turn.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:31 PM

i think its pretty close between those 2 lines. i cant decide which i like better
Old 03-03-2006, 06:26 AM

Hand 1:
[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

River: (7.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets...</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to bet on the flop when I know I'm probably ahead and face Villain with a decision right now. He is getting OK odds on any two overcards, but hopefully he'll give up. I want him to fold NOW.
Old 03-03-2006, 06:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #2
villain is the same as in #1
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero check/calls...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get checkraising MP when a King comes on the board. I bet out the flop and fold to a raise.