Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Tunica

I'm heading to Tunica in October with some buddies, will plan on staying at the Gold Strike. It's the only place I've played there so far so but the games were easy and the room rate is good. We've talked about going over to the 'shoe once we get our poker time in. I've heard that the GS games are a lot softer and since I'm playing only the lowest limits, it's probably where I'll want to be. Really great staff manning the poker room from what I could tell.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm heading to Tunica in October with some buddies, will plan on staying at the Gold Strike. It's the only place I've played there so far so but the games were easy and the room rate is good. We've talked about going over to the 'shoe once we get our poker time in. I've heard that the GS games are a lot softer and since I'm playing only the lowest limits, it's probably where I'll want to be. Really great staff manning the poker room from what I could tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the Tunica games are pretty soft. You'll run into some solid players but for the most part, especially at the lower limits, all you'll have are a bunch of call down monkeys with little to no hand selection or reading abilities.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 PM

If you play 1/2 NL or 4/8 limit at the the Horseshoe you'll be fine. I've played in great games at both GS and HS. I've also played in the occasional 'only good...not amazing' game at each place.

i really don't think one place deserves a rep for tougher/easier games than another at the lower stakes.